Sunday, August 6, 2017

Sunday Update - Week Something or Other

I really don't feel like looking up the week # right now, so there ya go.

Anyway, here's how the week played out, even if it does feel like some of this happened weeks ago.

I finished the first draft of Sleeping Ugly.  It weighs in at 53231 words.  Way short, I know, but trust me when I tell you I have a lot to go back and fill in on this one.

I've been working on the edits for Wish Hits the Fan.  Right this moment, I'm on pg 86 of the line by line stuff.  I plan on being to like pg 125 by the end of the day.  We'll see if those plans work out.  I should be farther along, but I took a few days off because I am a toad.  And, I guess, I work best when the deadline is like staring me in the face.  :shrug:  I'd like to have this part done by Wednesday so I can use the remaining days before my deadline to take care of the other issues.  Of course, next Sunday could see me working like a maniac, drinking tons of coffee and freaking out to get the whole thing done by the 14th. 

Still waiting on the final cover for WHTF.  When I get it, you'll see it.

I read a book last week.  Jennifer Lyon's Savaged Vows.  Finished it last night, as a matter of fact.  My review on Goodreads is up but it's super lame.  This was a book with loads of feels and I haven't sorted them all out yet.  When I do... if I ever do... I'll post a better review.

Got some fishing done, too.  Nothing like fresh caught bass for dinner.  Mmm.

Sent out the Kid's birthday package.  She'll be 24 this month.  Ugh.  Sometimes I don't feel old enough to have a 24-year-old.  Not today.  Today I feel like I could be her grandmother.

That's it for me.  What happened in your world last week?  Looking forward to anything this week?


2 comments:

  1. Con crud. New words. Killing emails. Listening too favorite books because I'm too cheap to buy something new and my eyes are bothering me so reading isn't an option. I can chose computer to write or Kindle to read. I figure the words are more important. I'm feeling better so hoping lots of new words this week. That ugly deadline is bopping me on the nose. Grrr. I should have worked yesterday but after getting home from family time, I crawled into bed and collapsed for a 3-hour nap. Oops. Hopefully, today's words will make up for it. Time to get to work!

    Happy fishing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe the Kid is 24! Maybe 16. Well, 18, since I remember she started college. Where has the time gone?!?

    I'm up to 156 pages on 7C. I think I'm averaging 10 pages a week. :-( I'm blaming it partly on too many doctor's appointments. At least they're not for me, I'm just squiring Mom around.

    I'd planned to write more tonight, but I closed my eyes for a minute after supper, and woke up 2.5 hours later. Sheesh!

    Good news: I got some pattern orders tonight.
    Bad news: I'm still almost too tired to deal with them. But they're all printed and mostly packaged. In a few minutes I can go to bed! :-)

    ReplyDelete