Sunday, August 13, 2017

Sunday Update - Week 32

Thirty-two?  That doesn't sound right, but that's what the internet says, so it must be true.  Then again, the internet has also starting saying a week begins on Monday, which is just wrong. 

Anyhooway...

Last week.  I really should try to write these posts when I'm actually able to brain. 

Writing stuff:  Well, actually it's more like editing stuff.  Writerly, to be sure, but not writing writing.  Deadline is tomorrow to have this back to JC.  I'm actually pretty close to being done with my work.  I have six crutch words left to weed through.  Let's not go into how many I had to start with.  Maybe I'll write that post for tomorrow's Outside the Box. 

Reading stuff:  I read two 'Cat Who' books last week.  I needed the total escapism in those. 

Other than fishing, I really can't remember too much of what happened last week.  Things happened and overwrote the data. 

Yesterday I remember pretty well.  I did all the 'like' weeding and decided I needed to get the hell out of the house.  Hubs had to go get feed, so I begged him to let me get the feed instead, which he graciously consented to.  (It wasn't that hard.  He's more of a hermit than I am.)  So, off I went. 

One of my stops was the local gas station for a beverage and gasoline.  While I was pumping gas, I noticed a state trooper standing outside the store, talking to one of the employees.  I thought maybe they'd been jacked or maybe someone did a drive off without paying.  Nope.  He was there because there's a fugitive on the loose around here.  Yay.  Not.  And the guy's been hiding in the woods around here since Monday when he stabbed / assaulted a couple people.  Apparently, he's a real woodsman type psycho, so he's been hard to find.  "Well, ain't that awesome," says the little woman who can't run and is frequently alone.  All fishing is suspended until buttwart gets apprehended. 

Then I went to town.  My first stop was the bookstore, because they aren't generally open when I'm in town, but I knew her new hours included Saturday from 10-5.  I would hit town around ten.  Yay.  Except when I got there, the store was still closed.  Argh.  So frustrating. 

I left there and drove out to a thrift store I hadn't tried yet.  I thought it was a Salvation Army.  Nope.  St. Vinny's.  It was nice and clean and the people seemed pleasant.  I got a couple books, which always makes me happy.  And I chatted with a woman there who loves books and genealogy.  So in my wheelhouse.  I ended up giving her a bookmark with all my books on it and she said she'd look them up.  Yay.

Then I hit Wallyworld, where the first thing I put in the cart was pepper spray.  (See above.)  Did minimal shopping otherwise there.  Picked up lunch at the KFC and the feed at the local feedstore, then went home.  Heh, you should've seen my little Cavalier all loaded with 300 lbs of feed.  I tell ya, taking those hills was interesting.  She's not used to carrying much more than me and sometimes Hubs & me.  Poor Cally.

The rest of the day was divided between weeding crutch words and talking with the Kid on the phone for her birfday.

Well, thanks for reading all the way through that.  Not much else happened.  How was your week?


2 comments:

  1. Eek! How scary! I'm glad you found out about him before you went fishing.

    Sigh. 'Like' is one of my overused words too. One of many.

    It's been a "let's write it off" week. Too many doctors' appointments, and one for me. Turns out I have a cracked tooth. It's still a healthy tooth so I thought I'd live with it for a while. Not. I'm now on a lukewarm liquid diet until I get back to the dentist.
    But I'm up to page 169 on 7C. Not much progress, but some.

    Oh, blast. My sister talked me into doing some technical drawings, and I only just now remembered. That's where my afternoon will go. And a wasp stung my left hand this morning. Sigh.

    Next week gotta get better, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a week? I'm in crazy deadline writer mode. Only freaking out a little. I've been on meds so sleeping like the dead. Then some little $h!+$ came back to the across-the-street neighbor's. They'd broken into his pickup before. He put up surveillance cameras, I had to exchange the green LEDs on my Nessie monster for white because the green messed up the night-vision camera or something. Anyway, things were quiet until Thursday night. Little turds actually climbed on his house and stole one of the cameras. I decided to unmedicate. Normally, I'm a light sleeper, unless...Benadryl. Well, Friday night was fine. I actually slept pretty well because the dogs were down and quiet. That means no intruders of four or two-legged varieties. Last night? I slept between midnight and two and between five and six. I finally conked out when LG got up and moving. I rolled over at 11:40. It is now almost 2. I haven't even opened the WIP. *headdesk* Ugh.

    I hope they catch your fugitive so you can go fish again. It's good for your mental health! I'm getting off the net now and going to work. Maybe...

    ReplyDelete