Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dun duh Dun Dun DONE!

Last night after 80849 words, I finished Djinn 2.  I still don't have a name for it, but the first draft is in the can.  (And hopefully when I go back to edit, I won't want it in the trashcan.)

I said that I would finish it in January and indeed I did.  I started this December 1st.  I wrote the end of it January 31st.  I guess that means it's time for a new goal, eh?

I want to have the edits finished on Djinnocide by February 29th.  I also want to have the submission materials all rewritten by then because I'd really like to start querying in March.  But I'm thinking that might be a little far-reaching, so if I don't hit the query waves until April, I'm okay with that.  I'll just take it one day at a time.

And btw, the pic up there is a totally unretouched photo of the sunrise a few days ago.  Neat, huh?  It doesn't quite look real, does it?

How are your 2012 goals looking after the first month?

7 comments:

  1. Congrats, that's exciting! Sounds like you have been writing a TON-- what a way to start out the year. I hope you get your queries out by March... that is my goal as well!

    And yes, beautiful sunrise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! It's so inspiring to reach one of those writing goals.

    I wanted to finish a revision in January, and I'm just doing a last quick run-though to tighten it up a little. So I consider that meeting my goal, too. (What's a day here or there?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you, my friend - well done on meeting that goal and setting up new ones (I love the query by March, but a back-up of April is good, too).

    Woo Hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We must have been looking at the same sky! Pretty!

    And Yay! Finishing up a novel is a great thing. But wow! Edit by the end of Feb? You're braver than I am - or maybe a better writer than I am?? My first drafts always needs lots of work.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous sunset!

    And congratulations on finishing your draft!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS!

    Wow you're very ambitious! But I know you can do it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Everybody. And I'm sorry if I caused any confusion. I will not be editing this book any time soon. Instead, I'll be editing the first book in this series - the one I finished rewriting in November.

    ReplyDelete