Sunday, April 18, 2010

Well, I'm Done

With this draft, that is.  And only 3 days past when I said I wanted to be finished.  Of course, this means it's time for the beta readers to have at it.  I've already got one person reading it chapter by chapter (:waves:), and Daughter is inhaling it (but she's so wrapped up in the story, she's not catching much for me to fix).

As always, I'll put out the call for additional readers here.  If you're interested in beta reading an urban fantasy (paranormal suspense?) with Djinn as the central species, send me an email or leave a note in the comments and I'll contact you.  I was shooting for a similar flavor to The Dresden Files, and since I just read the October Daye series, I think I can safely say it's similar to those, too.  If you like either series, I'm hoping you'll enjoy beta reading this.

Daughter is really enjoying the story and she mainlines paranormal anything, so I must be doing something right.  About halfway through, she stopped and told me that when she heard I was doing a paranormal, she didn't think I could pull it off.  (Thanks for the vote of confidence, kid. =op)  But she also said I surprised her and did it.  Yay me.

Anyway, I'm hoping to be ready to start submitting before the end of May.  So, if you've got the time and the urge to beta, let me know.  

On tap for today?  Well, I really don't know.  I have several possibilities in mind.  1) Work on a general outline for the next book in this series.  2) Start writing a completely different book (already in the works on paper, btw).  3) Work on the blurb for DLN.  4) Go back and edit a previous manuscript.

If you were me, what would you do?  What do you do after you finish a round of edits?

Oh.  Sorry for the double post today.  I already had that one scheduled before I thought about the fact that I'd finish DLN today.  If you're interested in talking about banned books, scroll down.  =o)

3 comments:

  1. Yay for finishing! =)
    Guess I better hurry up with those chapters, eh? LOL!

    I say do whatever is calling to you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing! I love that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing! That in itself is a success!

    ReplyDelete