Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday Book Review

Hi, y’all, Darling Daughter here for this week's book review. (Mom's idea, trust me.)

Julia Anderson is an painfully shy, emotionally repressed woman with an obsession for antiques. At a flea market, purchasing inventory for her store, Julia’s Treasures, she finds herself oddly drawn to an ugly little box, tarnished by wear and years. Little did she know that the box contained a powerful warrior from another world, cursed inside the box by a sorceress he’d scorned, forced to serve even the smallest whim of whoever held his box. Only true love can release him from his curse.

I love all of Gena Showalter’s books, but The Pleasure Slave is my ultimate favorite. The story is touching and funny and very well-written. I, personally, really identify with the shy heroine, and sympathize with the hero.

Except for the part where they were separated for a year, which is a little irritating, it’s one of the best books I’ve ever read. I just love this book. I’ve read it, like, a thousand times and it just gets better with every reading.

(Stay tuned for further reviews. If you liked this one, I may have the kid write these in my place from time to time. It's good for her, and I can work it into English homework. - B.E.)

No comments:

Post a Comment