Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday Book Review

This week's review is another anthology, but in contrast to last week's review, I'm recommending this book without reservation.

The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance is filled with wonderful stories from just about every paranormal aspect imaginable. There are the standard vampires and werewolves, albeit each done in its own special way, but there are also selkie stories and dimensional stories and stories I don't even have a name for at the moment. Interwoven throughout all the supernatural beings are stories of love.

With twenty-four separate stories told by some of the biggest names in paranormal romance, there's a little bit for every lover of the genre. Some of the stories made me laugh out loud, many of them left me wanting more - which is what any good anthology should do - and on one occassion, I set the book down and tried to dam the tears. The story was that romantic and beautiful.

I'll definitely be looking for some of these authors on my next trip to the big box bookstore. And I'll have my eyes peeled for the other book in this series - The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance. If the editors did as good a job pulling together incredible writers, it's sure to be well worth the price.

So, if you're looking for hot vampires, sexy mystical beings, and tender romance, pick up a copy and indulge your fantasies. And since they're all short stories, none of them will take too much time by itself.

The problem, though, is that they're like potato chips. Sometimes you can't stop with just one.

No comments:

Post a Comment