Thursday, December 22, 2016

Thursday This n That

Starting today, all my books are on sale for 99c/.99p.  Go here for the US list and here for the UK list.  (Scroll down.  The covers across the top show regular prices but the list below has the sale prices.  Not sure why.)  They'll be on sale until late Tuesday (12/27) night.  That way, if you still need a few things for prezzies, you can order cheap AND if you want some books after the holiday, you can order cheap.

I have a sticky note on my desk telling me to PAY BILLS today.  Blerg.

I went shopping for Christmas dinner a couple days ago.  I wanted to make something different this year instead of the traditional ham, but everything I looked at was either not available, blowing my skirt up, or was too damned expensive.  So, ham it is.  Mom's making kielbasa.  I could've done that, but in order to do it right, I need Vernor's ginger ale, and I can't get that here, so I don't want to chance it. 

I need to go back to the store.  I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for dessert when I went the other day.  I think I'll do a black forest cake.  It's easy.  You make a chocolate cake.  You take a can or two of cherry pie filling and spread it all over the cake.  Then you take a tub of whipped cream and spread it all over the cherries.  Voila!  I think I'll leave the cherries and the whipped cream in separate bowls this time, though.  So I can refrigerate them without throwing the whole cake in the fridge. (I don't have a boatload of space in there.) We'll see how that goes.  Part of the yummyness of BFC is having the cherries kind of soak into the cake.

I'm kind of disappointed in one of my Christmas gifts to myself.  The Peterson's Guide to Freshwater Fish has really small pictures and most of the fish are tiny tiny baitfish I really could give a crap less about.  I swear there are like a bazillion different kinds of darters.  Who cares?  I mean, if I approached fish like I approach birds, that would be kind of cool, but I don't want to find and identify fish as a hobby, I want to catch them and eat them.

That's it for me.  What's it for you?

1 comment:

  1. I still haven't dragged out the tub with the mantel decorations and stockings. We aren't doing anything here so they may just stay in the tub.

    My dining room is covered with presents that need to be shoved into sacks...er...gift bags and labeled.

    I need to make roll dough tonight so I can make out rolls for the neighbors tomorrow and deliver. I'll make a second batch tomorrow night for Christmas morning cinnamon rolls and Christmas lunch dinner rolls. I bought pies to bake. I also need to make my signature BBQ sauce. That's easy peasy.

    I also need to hit Wallyworld and/or grocery store to stock up on stuff so I don't have to get near either place on Christmas Eve or the day after Christmas. Too many people, too much craziness. Oh, and too much writing left to do.

    Because I forgot my other thing on the topdo list: create and send out newsletter. Also on tap for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete