Monday, December 26, 2016

Sunday Update - Week 51

Since yesterday was Christmas, I decided to bump the update to today.  Here's how week 51 shook out...

I'm up to page 105 out of 130 on the read-through of Early Grave.  I should have that done soon and be able to start writing on it again.  (Unless it works out like Wish Hits the Fan worked out and I get stuck where I left off.)

I'm up to 30% done on the first edits for Natural Causes.  Pages and pages of hand-written notes that will need to be entered.  I am trying to have this done by the end of the year, so I can input those and then talk to my editor about how her schedule is looking.

Reading?  Not really.  I'm stopped at about 100 pages into Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brien.  I paused so I could focus on writerly things, and partly because I hit a boring patch where the author is describing every little piece of a ship.  :yawn:  Yeah, I probably won't reach my Goodreads goal this year.

The fishing was meh this past week.  No keepers. 

Christmas was nice.  Quiet.  I talked to Mom on the phone and then later the Kid on the phone.  I made a ham, which turned out okay.  Not the best ham I ever made, but okay.  Dessert was a black forest cake which was the bomb. 

Oh, yeah, I put all my books on sale the 22nd through the 27th.  99 cents (or .99p in the UK) each for any of my seven titles.  I saw a little uptick in sales.  But I didn't give myself any time to get advertising, so not great.  It's still going on, though, in case anyone got a shiny new Kindle they want to load with fun books for not much cash. 

Well, that's it for me.  How was your second to last week of 2017?  Did you have a nice holiday?  What's up in your world?


2 comments:

  1. Holiday was nice. Weather unseasonable warm. It happens around these parts. We're more likely to be riding bikes with sunblock then sledding down hills, though. I got good stuffs--almost everything on my list. What I didn't get, I got gift cards to cover. :)

    I still need my Christmas nap, though. Book recommendation: ST. NICK by Alan Russell. If you have the audible app, I can send it to you free. It was totally unexpected, and I loved it, even as I sniffled through the ending. It wasn't a surprise but since it is a story of redemption and Christmas, yeah...pretty much perfect in my book. And the narrator was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a lovely and quiet Christmas. It's bizarrely warm here, too.

    Still poking at 6C's outline. Feeling too fried to write, so I'm working on the nonfiction. Since that pays better, I feel virtuous. ;-)

    ReplyDelete