Thursday, December 15, 2016

Thursday This n That

Facebook has changed things around again and it's totally irritating me this morning.  Every time I get used to this damn thing, they change it.  And not for the better, I might add.  Ugh.  Quit fixing what ain't broken.  Better yet, fix what you broke the last time instead of breaking it worse. 

Winter has arrived.  Well, not O-fficially, but the cold shtuff has gotten here.  And it's only going to get worse from here.  Buckle up your overcoats, folks, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

My Christmas presents are starting to arrive - the ones I sent and the ones I'm receiving.  Ho-de-ho-de-ho.  Mom sent use warm fleecy jackets.  I got myself some awesome new slippers.  Hubs and I ordered up a bunch of fishing gear and it's arriving in like 3-5 different packages.  I got an awesome t-shirt from a friend.  (Yes, I opened Christmas gifts when they arrive.  Why wait for the 25th?)

The deer and the turkeys are really appreciating the food we put out.  So are the birds.  Corn for the back.  Sunflower seeds and suet for the front.  Everybody eats.  They get water, too.  Every day or until it freezes over again.  All the critters are appreciating that - even the neighbor's cats. 

I ordered myself a new Bird A Day calendar.  Should be here Saturday.  Today's bird?  Snow geese.  Yay!

I have Holly Jolly Christmas stuck in my head. And that's okay with me.  I woke up with a song I hate in my head this morning and HJC knocked it right out of there. 

What's on your this n that list today?




1 comment:

  1. Today is a grocery and cleaners run.

    Tomorrow is massive Christmas shopping run.

    Saturday and Sunday is huddle under blankets to keep from freezing. The feral cat has a snug house with cat bed, thanks to the neighbors, plus food and water, but I'm debating whether I can move him into the garage for the duration. His fur isn't very thick. :/ Birds get food and water, until as you say, it freezes.

    Oh, and lots of writing. Pesky deadlines.

    ReplyDelete