Okay, I think last week was Week 37, but it's hard to tell. Don't ask. Anyway, here's how the week, whatever number it was, went for me.
I wrote some stuff. Actually, I added 4656 words to my WIP, bringing the total to 54535. Yep, that's right, I crossed the 50K barrier. Go, me. Yay. I'm this > < close to the end. Of course, then comes the editing, which I dread, but there ya are. I still don't know the ultimate answer to the main question, so gah.
I did some marketing. It didn't go very well. And then Friday, I decided not to market at all because it just felt wrong. I did move 18 copies of Fertile Ground, which sucks but is still better than previous weeks' numbers. This week? Well, I don't know. I've given away 30 books this month and don't have a single cent sold to balance that in any way. :sad trombone noise:
Baking was done. I made a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies and then two loaves of chocolate banana bread. My ever-widening ass doesn't need the carbs, but there ya are.
Speaking of EWA, my activity level sucked this week. I watered the greenhouse like 3 times, went grocery shopping, and vacuumed. I haven't stepped on the scale because the baked goods ingested more than made up for the exercise accomplished. I'm hoping to get more active as the weather cools, but you know what they say... hope in one hand and shit in the other, and see which one gets full faster. (Okay, I paraphrased that, but you get what I'm saying.)
In greenhouse news, my two little potato plants died. One day they were fine and growing along, and two days later when I watered again, they were gone. Not just dead, but so dead, I had a tough time finding their little corpses laying on the dirt. No clue what happened there. The tomatoes and peppers are okay, but still not throwing blooms or fruit. In happier news, the cedars have added to their heights by a couple inches each, so yay. All the other trees seem to be holding their own. They'll go into the yard/woods as soon as it's cool enough to do yard work again.
I'm not sure why I'm still blogging. Only one person really comments anymore. (Waves at Silver.) I mean, it's cool to have a record of events, because my memory is so bad it helps me to figure out what happened when, if I have to look back. But my memory is so bad, I forget to post most days, and that doesn't help keep fans in the seats, so to speak. Hell, most days, I forget to comment on other people's blogs, too. It doesn't bode well for my social levels.
Anyway, I'm still here. Feel free to comment. Or if you just want to stop by and read without commenting, that's okay, too. I'll still be here. Until I'm not.
Have a great day wherever you are. :hugs:
The weeks are going by too fast to keep track of. Yay for writing. The time comes when we need to stop giving it away for free. Sometimes you just need to bake--and enjoy. Sorry about your plants. *waves back* Yeah, not getting comments sucks and I get forgetting to post. If you go, I'll miss you but will connect other places because hey! Sistahs from differents mistahs, ammI right?
ReplyDeleteSomeone bought 9 of my books--all in the same series. Yay. Writing is all but non-existent. Depression sucks and Real Life has been a royal bitch. The weather doesn't help. I don't want to get out. I don't want to be sociable. I've been listening to a lot of books. Good news. I've gone from 5 books behind my GR challenge scheudle to 10 books ahead. That happens when I don't turn the dang book off to write my own words. Whatever.
I miss Jake.
And yeah, I'm feeling totally Debbie Downer mode. 9/11 didn't help. PTSD sucks too.
I'd say tomorrow is a new day and I'm gonna get stuff done but I have a full work up with my opthamologist/surgeon tomorrow. Sucks to be old and losing eyesight.
Okay. I'm done. Tomorrow's a new day. I'll get over the sads, the PTSD, and the general lethargy of "nobody is buying my books so why bother writing them." Hey! My Cowboys beat the #6 Oregon Ducks so there's that! Pistols firing! See? Ending on a happy note. Later, tater.