Sunday, September 20, 2026

Sunday Update - 2026 Week 38

 Okay, so I was sleeping really good this morning when I went to roll over and pulled a muscle in my back.  Talk about going from snoozing to wide awake in .001 seconds.  That'll get ya up if nothing else does, but I don't recommend it.

Anyway, this week...

I wrote on 4 of the 7 nights for a total of 5863 words.  Unfortunately, I had to snip out 1558 of those words because they were in the wrong place.  I set them aside to be worked into a place closer to the end, so it's not a total loss.  The book is at 58840 words total.  I think I worked out a crinkle in the ultimate solution to who did what and why, and how to save the day, but it will involve weaving in some stuff earlier on.  Eh, that's what edits are for.  I'm not sure if this book will be awesome or not, but I'm enjoying the creation of it, so yay.

Marketing...  Ugh.  I did move more books than usual, but that was still only 28 books.  No sales at all yet this month and it's the freakin' 20th.  Blerg.

So, baking... I did a batch of Outrageous Chocolate Chip Cookies and a pizza - both on the same day.  That'll make you remember your arm muscles, lemme tell ya.  I also made a vat of chicken noodle soup.  Yeah, it's hotter than blue-billy blazes and I made soup.  Wanna make somethin' of it?

On the activity front, there was the usual watering the plants thing - picture me lugging gallon jugs back and forth between the greenhouse and the garage sink.  I also went for a couple walks.  AND I did some sweeping.  Then I scrubbed the front porch.  (Is it any wonder my back muscle went sproing this morning?)  Going from sedentary to active should be a slow process, I guess LOL. Weight: 180.4

The greenhouse is doing it's thing.  I lost the grape tomato and, as of yesterday, the early girl tomato was looking like it's on its last legs.  The original beefsteak is getting roached by the heat, but the offshoot beefsteak appears to be doing fine. (The offshoot is in a pot that has a water basin attached, so it was bound to do better in this heat.) This may not be a good tomato harvest year for me.  Derp.  The peppers are all doing well.  In fact, I think I might've seen buds on one of the pepper plants. Time will tell on that.  The trees are all doing fine.  The potatoes are toast and so are most of the carrots.  Better luck next year, I guess.  I'm still watching gardening videos.  They aren't helping right now, but I'm looking toward the future.

The fawns are almost totally spotless now.  A few of them have a few spots left on their hindquarters, but otherwise, they're just brown.  The does are all turning gray for the fall.  

And I think that's it for me for the week.  Time to go veg out and let my squonky back muscle chill out so I can do things later.  Have a great day and an awesome week!


No comments:

Post a Comment