I'm up early and I remembered to write a post. That's one for me. You can thank the cats, darling little turds that they are, for getting me up.
Ut oh. It looks like Sawyer is stalking my desk chair. He thinks it's his kitty bed and he's more than prepared to oust me from it whenever the mood strikes him. His standard operating procedure is to jump onto the back of the chair and then pat at my shoulders until I move. If I don't move quick enough, he slides down the back of the chair behind me and thunder-butts his way onto the chair. I usually give up and switch to my back up chair. Life's easier when you just let him have his way. Spoiled brat cat.
I haven't weighed the brats in a while, but I'm pretty sure Finn finally caught up to Sawyer. I like big cats and I cannot lie.
I'm pretty close to the end of Old Magic. (Not final title.) I just need to scrap the last 1300 words I wrote and re-do that scene, then write the ending and the denouement. I'm not going to try to guess how many more words. It'll be what it'll be. Maybe when I finish the first draft of this, I'll finally edit DN3.
The fawns are losing their spots. :sadface:
This heat has got to go. It's the middle of September, for pitysakes. I mean, this is getting a little ridiculous.
And I walked away from the computer and forgot I was writing this, so an hour has gone by. Derp. I'm like that all the time.
Which reminds me, I've been watching Steven Wright videos. He slays me. If you don't know who he is, go forth and find him. Watch the videos of him. If you don't laugh, you're probably not going to get me either. :shrug:
I've also been finding videos made from old footage of people doing things in the old way - an 80-year-old guy in Kentucky making a chair, a group of dudes in Finland building a log home. Those two were made in the 1970s and they're pretty awesome. Sometimes the old ways are the best ways.
Okay, I know I thought of other things to put on this post this week, but I can't remember them now, so they'll have to wait or remain lost to the recesses of my addled brain. Have a great week, wherever you are. :hugs:
Yay for remembering it's Thursday. Cats. We do what we have to in order to co-exist with our fuzzy nugget overlords. Yay from almost The End. Edits will be made when they get made. Boo on the fawns growing up but...Nature. Yay for funny and/or cool videos. Let's not talk about brain blips, umkay?
ReplyDeleteI set my blog up yesterday. Got today's date right but forgot to check the time. It wouldn't have posted until 3:30 today but I caught it a few minutes ago.
Writing is a bust right now. I'm debating pulling out one of my unpbulished but mostly finished (needs a final edit/proofread and formatting) books to publish. *sigh* I'm going to write today. Or else.
It's too frickin' hot to do anything.
I peopled. I have to people again. I doan wanna... Maybe I'll cheat and just have Wallyworld deliver the groceries.
Okay. Time for another cup. Later, gator.