Sunday, September 27, 2026

Sunday Update - 2026 Week 39

 Hey All.  Yet another week has gone by.  Let's see what I've got to show for it...

Writing.  I added 4965 words to the WIP. (Old Magic is the working title, but I'm working on changing that.)  It now sits at 63805 words and I'm getting close to wrapping it up.  I've promised myself that I'll type THE END by the end of the month.  

I didn't market last week.  Thus, I moved zilch.  Dying Embers went on freebie yesterday, though, and will be free through Wednesday in hopes I'll finish out September with something besides zeroes in the $ column.  Zeroes are always disheartening and make me feel bad about myself, which never helps with writing.

On the baking front, I did another batch of OCC cookies.  Hubs likes them and they're easy, so there ya go.  I'll be making a cake this week.  And maybe some bread.  We'll see.

In activity news, I walked a couple times.  The plan is to start walking regularly again - like every day or every other day - but sometimes my legs won't cooperate.  We'll see how that goes, too.  I'm also still watering my greenhouse plants.  And I did some repotting of trees.  Weight: give me a minute... Ugh... 180.6

Speaking of gardening, the two cedars - Courtney and Chelsea - got bigger pots and should be ready to go in the ground later this fall.  The buckthorns are awesome.  The persimmon and the black cherry are okay.  I now have volunteer sycamores that are shooting up, so there's that.  In food plants: The Early Girl tomato died.  I tried to rescue a couple of the shoots that were still green and looked like they had roots, but I think those gave up the ghost, too.  The potatoes are toast.  My peppers are all looking awesome, though, and so are the beefsteak tomatoes.  We'll see if any of those flower and fruit now that it's getting cooler.  All of my garden beds are toast.  Between the heat and the critters, everything looks like crap.  I'm hoping I'll still have some things come back in the spring, but the hope is slim.

Nothing much else going on.  Like I said, it's finally cooler here.  It was like Autumn hit and nature went 'oh, okay, so we're doing this now' and the temps dropped.  Oh, and we're finally getting rain, which helps.  The fawns are pretty much spotless now.  I'm starting to hear geese migrating.  Life is good.

How's life in your neck of the woods?

No comments:

Post a Comment