Sunday, September 18, 2022

Sunday Update - Week 37

 I woke up tired today, so bear with me.  It doesn't help that last week was a blur.

Writing?  Nope.  Editing?  Nope.  Marketing?  Nope.  I did get an idea this week for a new book.  I wrote it down.  The note says "UF Golem PI".  I know I had more than that, but as the days passed, the rest disappeared from my head.

Someone in France bought the third book in the A Model Curse series.  I've never sold the other two into France, so I hope the reader doesn't get lost.  Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll buy the first two.  

I finished reading that series I was working on.  Well, finished until he comes out with more books.  Whenever that'll be.  It was a good three books.  Being done with them gives me a sad.  I did pick up some new books, though, so it's all good.

Not much going on in the baking realm.  I made granola bars yesterday and I made zucchini bread last Sunday.  Baking bookends for my week.  I probably won't bake anything today, though.  

Last Sunday, Hubs and I walked almost 2 miles.  And that was it for activity.  Weight: 169.6 - which puts me down 12 pounds since I started work almost three months ago.  

Gah, that's right. I'm approaching my 3 month anniversary.  One would think I would have this down by now, and I do for the most part, but they keep adding things to my tasks, so I'm not as settled as I want to be.  Some days I feel like I had everything to do and I did it.  Other days, I feel like I spent 8 hours running in place and, while I was busy all day, I didn't actually accomplish anything.  On the upside, I am never bored at work.  Plus, getting a regular paycheck is all kinds of awesome.  And I never have to clean house.  Hubs does all the chores while I'm at work.  

I'm still doing spreadsheets for the other company.  I have four I need to do today.  Plus, I have the spreadsheets for book sales to do.  (Yes, one sale a month still means I need to update those.)

Speaking of which, I should probably wrap this up and get to work.  Nothing else much happened, so I guess I'll leave it at that.  What went on during your week?

2 comments:

  1. THREE MONTHS!!!! Nooooo. It hasn't been that long!?!?! Has it? Gah! *FLAILS* There really needs to be a flail emoji. Time flying sucks. I have no clue where the summer went. Yay for weight lose, book sale, and a long walk. Hubs is a keeper, as you know. And hopefully the other spreadsheets won't be bears. Bears are all cute and stuff but if you meet one in the woods, they are likely to eat you. Just sayin'...

    There was a week. It was hot, mild, hot.

    I got through yesterday with no coffee. Copious amounts of Pepsi Zero, but no coffee. Which explaines the headache.

    All my teams won, though the Cards are terrible for my nerves!

    On Scene Live rules!

    I actually finished listening to a couple of books.

    I'm behind on the revisions for SEAL MOON. In my defense, Real Life and I've added another 1K+ words plus found some stupid typos.

    Today is all coffee and finishing off the damn book. It's got to get uploaded for preorder ASAP. On that note, I need a refill, a potty break, and then to work, pretty much in that order.

    Have a great week and I hope work smooths out for you! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three months! I'm with Silver; this year is vanishing too quickly. But congrats on finding an interesting job.

    It sounds like they're running the weight off you. Or you've been donating it to me... I don't need any more, thank you!

    LOL! to the story note. I find notes I made a while back for a new novel. Sigh. It was fascinating at the time. And funny. To me anyway. But my sense of humor is so dry as to be unnoticeable. Not great when I'm planning to write a comedy.

    I got a little work done, but... I need to get my act together. I don't have a real job to keep me busy!

    ReplyDelete