Monday, September 26, 2022

Monday Update - Week 38

 Yep, I missed the update again on Sunday.  Not that I have a lot to talk about, but I like to keep my toes in the pool, so to speak.  

I didn't do much reading, but I did finish a book.  Yay.

Not much baking either.  Yesterday, I made scalloped potatoes with breaded pork chops.  Super yummy.

Let's not talk about activity.  I'm a bag of loose meat at this point.  However, the bag is still getting smaller.  Weight: 166.8.  I was feeling gross Friday and Saturday, so not much eating occurred.  Is it any wonder that Sunday I was lighter?  :shrug:

Work is still work.  I rolled past my 90 day mark with nary a whisper from anyone about it.  :shrug:  I think I'm doing awesome, all things considered.  Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but with as many things that are chucked at me on any given day, and still maintaining my sanity, I'd say I'm awesome. 

I also did 6 spreadsheets last week.  I rock.

It's nice not to have to work my magic to keep expenses from slopping over our budget every damn month, I'll tell ya that.  If I want to buy steak, I buy steak, dammit.  I mean, we're still staying tight, because one never knows what'll happen with the economy, but now it's a choice, not a necessity.  

Speaking of expenses, I went to Wallyworld yesterday.  Most things are up again.  Suet - 8 bricks - was $6.98, now $9.98. (I didn't buy the 8 pk, they had some singles on sale that brought the price down and then I only bought 5. I still paid almost $5.)  Eggs - 18 ct - was $1.78, now $3.02,  Kraft singles - was $2.98, now $4.98.  Donuts - 6 - was $2.97, now $3.76.  Hershey's miniatures - was $9.98, now $11.98. Frozen chicken tenderloins - was $6.79, now $9.68.  Ice cream - 1.5 gal pail - was 4.88, now 6.24.  I spent over $200 on what used to cost me just over $100.  Bideinflation.  yay.

On a  happier note, I bought myself some new shoes.  Skechers - which my mom swears by and the reviews were great.  I also ordered a new bra.  They should be here today.  They're actually on a truck headed in my direction.  Let's see if they actually arrive.  UPS is coming from a different city than they usually do and if they're using GPS, they're screwed for finding me.

And that's about it.  How was your week?

  



1 comment:

  1. You are all kinds of awesome! And work should know that. I <3 Sketchers. When I find a bra that fits, I buy every one in my size while I'm there. It doesn't happen often. Don't ask. LOL

    If you didn't read my Monday update, there's not much to tell. Stormy scored the winning soccer goal on Saturday. I took a massive nap Saturday afternoon. I fought Amazon yesterday and this morning, I found out I won. Ok, that sounds more dramatic than it was. For some reason, the language slot on the ebook detail page got switched to Italian. When the book went live, it said Italian edition. I immediately went back to change it to English. Three hours later, there'd been no update, despite an email saying it had republished so I contacted KDP custoner service. Woke up to an email saying all was well. And it is. I had to laugh at the email, though. It was signed by Gugu. 🤷🏼‍♀️

    Pujols hit 699 and 700 in the same game against the Dodgers. Their fans went crazy too, which was cool. He played there last year before they released him at the end of the season.

    Not much else happened. I did try a new, easy cinnamon roll recipe to good effect. It'll appear in a Treats & Titles blog soon. Time to get to work. Gotta get ASSASSIN'S MOON proofed and uploaded for next week. Hang in there at work. Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete