Saturday, February 1, 2020

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 2/1/20

Look at that... a whole new month for reading.  But let's finish up last month, first, shall we?

I didn't pick up any new books this week and I only have two unread ebooks left - romance and paranormal romance - so I better get on that this week.  I'm 6 books ahead on my goal as of last night.

Books read:

11) Legally Undead by Margo Bond Collins (1/31/20) - UF - 5 stars.  New to me, but no necessarily underappreciated with over 100 reviews on Amazon.  Picked up for free off the Freebooksy newsletter. 
Review: "Wow! This is a pretty awesome urban fantasy with some seriously unexpected twists and turns."
Note: Available in audiobook.

10) The Integral Trees by Larry Niven (1/27/20) - SF - 5 stars.  An old favorite I've been looking for in paperback for a while now.  I finally found it at one of my go-to thrift stores for 25c.
Review: "I checked this out from the library numerous times as a teenager, but hadn't read it since. It's as good as I remembered. Better even, because I understood more of the science behind it."

DNFs:

1/30/20 - Free - Mystery.  The beginning was all backstory for the two main characters, neither of whom I liked, and I got tired of slogging through it to get the mystery started.

1/30/20 - Free - Medical Thriller.  Too much description/explanation.  If it's going to be a thriller, don't drag it down with heavy exposition.  And the dialogue was wooden.  If I hadn't been bogged down and it was thrilling, I probably wouldn't have notice the wooden dialogue so much. 

Currently reading...  I finished that urban fantasy at about 7:30 last night, so I didn't pick up anything to read yet.   

What did you read last week? 

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Has a week already gone by? Yikes! Okay. Thanks for the audio head's up. I wish it was available for loan through Audible Escape or Hoopla. I'm squeamish about plunking down those kind of bucks on an unknown-to-me. I'll keep my eye on it though because it sounds intriguing!

    As for me, I'm now at 23 books read. I listened to five more books last week in Jennifer Ashley's Shifter's Unbound series. All of them are 4-4.5 stars for me, and this is a re-listen marathon. I won't list them as the series needs to start at the beginning. I've got a couple of new books on the Audible app when I finish the last two SU books.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete