Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Brownies Are Always Good

I wrote an especially long rant this morning and then discarded it.  Since I don't want that kind of negativity on my blog today, here's my recipe for...


Basic Fudgy Brownies

3/4 cup butter or margarine (1 and ½ sticks)
3/4 cup unsweetened baker’s cocoa
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease sides and bottom of 8 x 10" baking pan.  Gently melt butter in medium saucepan.  Remove from heat and stir in cocoa powder until well combined.  In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla until light and frothy.  Add cocoa/butter mixture and stir to combine.  Sift flour over the mixture and gently fold in until just combined.  Bake on the center rack for 30 minutes.  Do not over bake.  Serve warm after 10 minutes, or cool completely before cutting to store.

I made these over the weekend.  I used real butter, which lemme tell ya, makes way better brownies than margarine. Moist and gooey and mmmmm.


They're good by themselves or with ice cream - room temperature or warm.  I've never had them cold, but I don't like cold chocolate.  One of these days, I'll cover it all in hot fudge, but I never seem to have hot fudge and brownies in the house at the same time.

I adapted this like twenty years ago from a recipe that used an 8x8" pan - which I didn't have then and don't have now.  I use a glass 8x10" cake pan.  I also calculated the measurements to make this in a 9x13" pan, but I can't find them now.  And I don't feel like doing the math.  Basically, 8x10 is 80 inches and 9x13 is 117 inches.  Work from there.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment