Sunday, April 29, 2018

Sunday Update - Week 17

Howdy, Folks.  It's Sunday again.  I know, duh, right? 

Last week...  Hmmm... 

I spent a lot of last week attending to the big sale.  (Numbers at Outside the Box tomorrow.)  I did a little reading of Sleeping Ugly...  Well, actually I did a lot of reading and very little note-taking.  This does not bode well for getting this edited, but it does bode well for readers. 

I didn't read much of anything else.

Speaking of reading, about a week ago, I gave the gal I buy feed from a copy of Blood Flow (now Project Hermes, but I gave her one of the previous paperbacks).  Yesterday, she told me she's loving it.  She said something like "It's... I don't know... frantic.  And I LOVE that."  I hope she leaves a review.  If she doesn't, that's cool.  It's just nice to have another person read it and enjoy it. One of the gals I buy smokes from has a copy of Wish in One Hand and she's loving it, too.  Neither gal has a boatload of time to read, though, so it's slow going.

Finally got the shade bed cleaned last week.  It's so much easier to pull out the winter detritus before the perennials start to grow, but I lazed out and missed that opportunity.  The astilbes (aka false spirea) are getting big.  I can't wait 'til they bloom.  Also, my one little surviving lily of the valley has become 6, and they're starting to bloom.  The irises are going crazy with blooms this year.  But my azaleas are all dead or almost dead.  And one of my butterfly bushes didn't make it.  Which makes me sad.  At last check, one of my new lilies is coming up, though.  You win some, you lose some.  And when you lose some, you try again with something different.

I made cake cookie bars again.  Hubs is totally grooving on these things.  1 box yellow cake mix, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 1/2 cup shredded coconut, 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate.  Mix it all together in one bowl, dump it into an 8x10" pan, bake at 350F for about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and it's starting to brown a little on the top.  So yummy.  Especially warm with a scoop (or two) of ice cream.

Speaking of ice cream, I found pistachio ice cream at the Wallyworld yesterday.  Mmmm.

Hubs got the lawn sprayed for ticks and then he went around and sprayed the deck and up under the wood siding for termite prevention.  Dirty bastard bugs.  I hope they all die.

Oh, and exercise.  Last week wasn't the best for committed exercising.  I only managed a couple days, but according to my new scale, I have lost about a pound, so it's all good.  And I'm feeling better overall.  Now I just need to stick to it and not fall off the wagon.

 Okay, I think that's it.  Time for coffee and waking up, so I can be ready to face the day and get some stuff done.  What have you been up to?

2 comments:

  1. Nuthin'.

    Well, my head has exploded a few times while watching the news. I keep waiting for my heroine to stab the hero. I wrote a scene all about their conflict that's way future in the story's timeline but hey, a goal. I had a few mornings where I was starting my third or fourth cup of coffee before 8 a.m. Still didn't accomplish much beyond imbibing copious amounts of caffeine. Did I mention I'm waiting on my heroine to stab the hero? I should write today so that can happen soon. ... *wanders off to see if there's any coffee left in the 2nd pot*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been down with a mild case of the crud that sapped what few wits I lay claim to.

    But I *finally* started SR today. I hope it's as funny to others as it is to me, because I'm a page in and not much has happened yet. Hey, it's the first draft of the first draft! :-)

    ReplyDelete