Sunday, October 2, 2016

Sunday Update - Week 39

The week that was. 

Let's see...  I went fishing 5 days out of 7, anywhere from 2-5 hrs worth.  Didn't catch anything large enough to keep.  The biggest fish was an 11" spotted bass.  (Those have to be 15" to keep.)  But I did give myself a firm talking to, and while it did help me see the path, I'm still floundering on the gumption to write.

I restarted Wish Hits the Fan.  Tucked everything I'd written the first time and the second time into safe spots in case those words come in handy later.  I just can't seem to make myself sit down and write. 

Wish in One Hand has been free since Friday.  Through tonight. 

FYI, there's very little chance I'll stick to the production schedule I outlined in my newsletter and past blog posts.  I'm thinking 'snowball's chance in Haiti' for having another book release this year.  Unless I can pull my head out of my armpit and get working.  Even then, it takes my editor roughly 7 weeks (4 weeks first pass, 3 weeks second pass) to do her magic, and 2-4 weeks for me to input her magic.  There are barely that many weeks left in the year.  I had played with the idea of taking one of my old books, editing it myself, and releasing it that way.  Not sure how that would be received, though.  :shrug:

There's also this little wrinkle of not having a lot of fundage to do things like editing and cover art.  I have to make money on my already-published books before I can afford to do other stuff.  Sorry about that, but it's one of the pitfalls of self-publishing, I guess.

Sorry to be such a downer.  That's also one of the pitfalls. 

What's going on your world lately?

6 comments:

  1. Been there. Sorry. Hope things get brighter. I'm shell-shocked by all the words I have to write in the next 9 months. I sit and stare when I get overwhelmed and then freak out because I'm behind. Which means I need to get off the net and get those edits on the next RDR book done. Mr. HQEd needs it back by EOB tomorrow. Yippee. Also *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Silver. :hugs:

      Ugh. If I had your schedule, I'd be stark-raving by now. You amaze me. Rock star.

      Delete
  2. Hugs! I've been there, too. I even had Dragon's Child ready to release months ago, and couldn't get up the gumption to get it out there.

    Deep breath. Find the project you enjoy most. Carry on from there. It'll get done when it's done -- forget about schedules! I believe in you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we writers all end up there at some point, Deb. And I'm so glad you found your gumption to release Dragon's Child.

      Thanks! :hugs:

      Delete
  3. You have to stop being so hard on yourself. Since you started this journey you've put out 7 books, all of which take time to write, edit, edit, polish & publish and you've done a great job. I've enjoyed all the books and very much look forward to more but you don't have to push yourself so much for me. I can wait. You need to take care of yourself, and make sure your health - mental, physical & spiritual - is top priority.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, and I think I'm not hard enough on myself. Thanks for saying that, Fran! I'm so glad you enjoy my books. :hugs:

      Delete