Sunday, July 17, 2016

Sunday Update - Week 27

Week 27 is a blur.  Let's see if I can cobble it back together.

I went fishing once, but the fish weren't biting.  It's really getting too hot to fish from the bank because the bigger fishies are happier in deeper, cooler water.  Only the baby fishies are hanging out in shallower water, and all they do is steal my worms.  =o\  Dirty worm stealin' buggers.

SCIU Ned - which is what I'm calling the WIP - is over 11K words right now.  With 8K of that written in the last week.  Not burning up the keyboard right now, but it's all good, baby.  It features Agent Washington from Fertile Ground.  And that's all I have to say about that.

Still haven't seen any fawns.  The does are starting to come back in multiples again - rather than alone - but they're still hesitating about bringing their babies to feed.  I'd like to see at least a couple before they lose their spots.  Sheesh.

We seem to be having a banner year for orb weaver spiders.  Thus, walking through the yard has become something of a feat.  I haven't walked directly into a circular web, but the guy lines they use to attach to trees aren't fun to walk into either.  One day last week, I walked around the yard waving a broom in front of me.  I took down 5 webs at head height.  :shudder:

It's been quiet around the interwebs this week.  A whole bunch of people are at the RWA conference in California.  :waves:  They'll be back soon and then we'll get back to some semblance of normal. 

We took a couple walks.  It's harder to get the gumption to walk when it's already hot and muggy by the time I wake up and it just gets worse from there.  This might explain why I gained two of my lost pounds back.  Bleh.  Either that or I need to stop eating ice cream.  Maybe both.  ;o)

What happened in your world last week?

No comments:

Post a Comment