Saturday, October 27, 2012

NaNo? No

I really really want to do NaNoWriMo this year.  I miss the camaraderie.  I miss pushing myself toward that goal of 50K in a month.  But mostly, I miss writing new words.  I've been pretty much editing off and on since I did the HoHoWriMo thing last December. Because if all I do is write new words and never edit, I'll never get a damn thing published.  Which means I'm not doing NaNo this year either. (Unless you count the fact that I'm editing a suspense I wrote a while back that I affectionately refer to as Nano.)

I could always do what I've heard other people call NaNoRevMo.  Spend November revising my brains out.  Commit to having this thing whipped into shape in a month.  But I did that from September 15th to October 14th for the whole Harper Voyager submission window, and frankly, I think I'm too pooped for a marathon of that nature right now.

Nah, I'll just edit at my own pace this time.  If I get it done in November, great.  If not... :shrug:

So, while I'm not going to be in the trenches this coming month, I'll definitely be rooting from the sidelines.  Make sure you let me know in the comments if you're participating in either the Wri or the Rev, so I can cheer for you.

=o)

4 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to take part in NaNo. I know I can write 50K in a month, but I'm not all that concerned with meeting that goal. I simply want to use NaNo as a tool to get my butt in gear more =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a glutton for punishment. I do NaNo every year. This year, I hope to have the next two Moonstruck novellas done. Since I haven't written much in a week, I need to get my butt in gear. Or chair, as the case may be. I even cleaned clothes out of my closet and took them to the thrift store today to avoid writing. Sad, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm signed up to do Nano this year and I'm definitely going to try, but I don't realistically expect to do 50k. Mostly it's to try to get me back in the habit of writing each day since I haven't written in well over a year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on editing drag. I've been editing for months now (I just looked at my Twitter feed. Literally 3 months on the dot) and then I'm doing a rewrite of Countless from third to first person. So, no brand new projects on the horizon for a long time.

    ReplyDelete