Friday, October 22, 2010

Weekly Update

Sorry the blogging's been sporadic this week.  In my defense, I was concentrating on my query letter and work should come first, right?

In other news...

-- I actually did send out a couple submissions last night.  Keep your fingers crossed that this one is the one.

-- I just finished reading Cursor's Fury by Jim Butcher.  It's a long book, which is why it took me longer, but it's also a fast-paced one.  So far, this is my favorite of the series.  Go Mr. Butcher.

-- I probably didn't mention it, but my new camera died.  I sent it off to Nikon via Priority Mail insured.  Just so you all know, neither priority nor insurance means the package can be tracked.  (Even though my postal person said insured could and talked me out of paying for delivery confirmation.)  I found this out after I finally got to a real human being at the toll free USPS number.  Thank goodness Nikon emailed to let me know my camera arrived safely.  Here's hoping it comes back safely and works like a charm.

-- I'm pretty much sick of myself this week.  Could I possibly get any whinier?  (Not online, at least not that I think.  The whining is in my head.)  I think I need a good slap - like in the old movies when the gal is hysterical and the guy snaps her out of it.  :thwap:  Or in that really funny scene on Airplane!* when the passengers line up to slap this one woman.  Maybe I need the old lady with the baseball bat.  I definitely need an attitude adjustment of some kind.

So, what's up with you this week?  Read anything good?  Ever get sick of yourself, or is it just me?

*and for your viewing pleasure, here's that scene...

1 comment:

  1. My fingers are crossed - let us know how you do!

    And I so know what you mean by being sick of yourself. I laughed with your admission of needing a good slap - so when the hero of those old movies is finished slapping the girl out of her hysterics - or the old lady with the baseball bat (Airplane happens to be one of my favorite movies - "Don't call me Shirley") gets finished with you - send them over this way.

    Sorry to hear about your camera. And I so know about the postal service - even in Canada. Remind me one day to tell you about my partial submission that I sent to New York. Yeesh - horrible.

    ReplyDelete