Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Randomosity

It's Tuesday.  Yeah, I probably don't have to tell y'all that.  You're probably well aware.  Me?  I need a reminder from time to time.

Today the sale ends for Blink of an I and begins for Sleeping Ugly.  SU will be on sale through the end of Monday and the sale for the A Dennis Haggarty Mystery series will begin at midnight PST on Tuesday the 23rd.  That last one paid has advertising attached.  An ad will go out on Friday the 26th.  Fingers crossed.  I'll post more about the SU sale tomorrow on Outside the Box.

I'm back to work on Ugly and the Beast.  I have a page and a half of notes left to input, then I'll start all over again making new notes and fixing other things.  No promises about when it'll be available for publication, but at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel.  The long, long tunnel.  Actually, it's more like a rat hole, but there's a light.

Yesterday, I finished a book so damn good that I had to buy the sequel.  At full price, which ought to tell you something.  And I started reading it right away, which also ought to tell you something.  I almost never read books in a series back to back, but I couldn't help myself.  It's already delivering on the promise made by the first book.  If you're into fun and snarky urban fantasy, go forth and buy a copy of Necropolis by Shane Simmons.  I haven't been this excited about a new urban fantasy series since I picked up Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire.  There's only two books in this series right now, which will be fine if he wraps it up right.  :fingers crossed:

I'd like new readers to get excited about my books like that.  And, you know, write reviews so other readers can see how excited they are.

Well, I suppose I should get cracking and do something positive this morning.  This stuff isn't going to do itself.  Have a great day and I'll see y'all tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. Ah, reviews. Yeah. It would be nice to get those. Glad you found a book to glom onto. I'll check it out! (Like I need more books to read - 😂

    I don't need a reminder--not that I actually know what day it is but because I go into panic mode when I remember days are passing. *sigh*

    Errands and work/words. The story of my life. Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for getting back to Ugly and the Beast!

    I love Seanan McGuire's series. I think I've gotten Mom hooked on them, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete