Saturday, July 27, 2019

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 7/27/19

Not an overly exciting week in reading, but some things were read, some things were DNF'd, and I'm 18 books ahead on my Goodreads goal for the year.

No new books downloaded and no new hardcopies bought.  Right now, I'm down to 4 unread ebooks on my Kindle - mystery, paranormal mystery, and 2 UF.  The paranormal stuff will probably have to wait until I'm done writing CU.

Books Read:

68) Fairy Tales Can Come True by Silver James (7/21/19) - Romance* - 5 stars.  Not new to me, but definitely underappreciated.  Snagged this at full price after seeing the cover on Pinterest.  $2.99
Review:  "I couldn't believe there was a Silver James story I hadn't read, so when I stumbled across this while drinking my morning coffee, I had to snatch it up. And read it quick. Well, inhale it, really. Ms. James never fails. I loved this story. I loved Alex and Deke. And I'm so glad they finally realized that they are perfect for each other. So much awesome."

67) Murder in Mesopotamia by Agatha Christie (7/20/19) - Mystery - 5 stars.  Got this during my Agatha Christie haul at St. Vinny's back in March.  50c.
No Review.

DNFs:

7/23/19 - Paranormal Mystery.  Free.  I try to never read the genre I'm writing while I'm first drafting.  In my defense, I thought this was a straight cozy when I started it.  Then the witchy stuff and the talking cat came in...  Umm, yeah.  I tapped the book shut so fast my head swam.  It seemed pretty good, so I'll save it for after I'm done with new words.

7/22/19 - Spy Thriller.  Free.  The writing was stilted and kind of lame.  Things I've read in the past have set the bar pretty high for this genre.  This one wasn't even close to the bar.

7/22/19 - Listed as a mystery, but between the blurb and the opening scene, it sounded more like suspense.  Free.  Meh.  I tried to get into it, but I just couldn't.   Which was disappointing because the premise sounded good.

Currently reading...  A political/medical thriller by a well-known SF author. 

That's it for me.  What have you been reading?

1 comment:

  1. 9Ahhhh. Thank you! That book IS an oldie. 😊 It's part of the Class of '85 series. One of these days, I'll get the rights back (I can request at any time but don't have time to rework the books I had with that publisher much less get them uploaded after making sure they were down. Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed it!6555555 (Loki says hi! 😂)

    ReplyDelete