Sunday, July 21, 2019

Sunday Update - Week 29

Hello again!  Thanks for staying with me all those boring weeks when I had nothing much to report.  I hoped it would pay off, and maybe it has.

This past week, I tugged my head out of my orifice and got back to work.  I finally am almost finished with those edits from March.  I still have the deeper ones to hammer out, but that's okay.  Plenty of time.  Plenty of time.  I also got back to writing!  I sat down and plunked down 1200 words Friday night.  Cinder Ugly has a beginning!  I'm not sure if it's the right beginning, but it's there and I'm running with it.

I've also been trying to keep up with marketing.  I finished up the Blink sale with no sales.  Kind of expected that.  Started the SU sale and sold a couple books.  Go me.  That sale ends Monday and the Dennis Haggarty sale starts Tuesday.  Paid advertising will hit inboxes on Friday.  :fingers crossed:  I need a good end to the month and a good start for next month. 

My reading week was kind of lopsided - had 3 DNFs in a row to start the week and then read two awesome books.  Then I picked up a paperback Agatha Christie.  Life is good.

On the activity front, I did 7 out of 7 days!  And that was with the big heatwave.  I managed two of what I call 'hard target' walks before it hit and the other days were my regular walk and/or cleaning and yard work.  Still not doing well on the decreasing eating thing, so no weight loss to report.  I'm trying to be better about that, though, so we'll see what next week brings.

The problem with being outside at this time of year are the bug bites.  Of which I have plenty.  Oak mites... :shudder:  Once you've had oak mite bites, mosquitoes are so milquetoast.   I'd never run afoul of oak mites before I moved here.  Then again, I never lived in a place with big oak trees.  Oberon the Fairy Oak is dropping those suckers like crazy. 

No baking this week.  It is too hot to bake.  I did turn the oven on for French bread pizza, but I don't think that counts. Nothing really homemade there - store-bought bread, jarred sauce, pre-made toppings.  So good, though.  And yesterday, I did chicken enchiladas.  Also, so good.

No fishing again.  Even if I was inclined to go out in this heat, the fish would not be biting off the shore.  They're all deep and trying to beat the heat, too.

Yesterday, I signed up with Pinterest.  Yeah, like I need another timesuck, but I've heard it can help with marketing, so there I am.  Follow me here.   If you're on Pinterest, let me know.  (Not you, Silver.  I already found you.)  Anyway, I got all my covers up with links to their Amazon pages, and then I did a few other things.  Nothing groundbreaking or major. 

Okay, I think that's my week in a nutshell.  What did your week look like?


1 comment:

  1. Hooray for new words! Yay for edits! This update makes me happy. :-)

    We don't have oak mites, that I know about. But gnats set up shop in my house and are driving me crazy. At least the current crop doesn't seem inclined to bite.

    I'm halfway through 1869. Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete