Sunday, March 3, 2019

Sunday Update - Week 9

Last week was kind of lame and uninteresting. Bear with me if you like and I'll try to make it worth your while.

I didn't do any writing last week until Saturday.  I told myself I was stuck on where to go next, but then I kicked my own ass because knowing where the story is going ain't my style.  My style is more: Sit your ass down and start writing and you'll find the way.  So that's what I did yesterday.

I did set up some sales for this month and next.  Natural Causes will be on sale starting Wednesday and going through the following Tuesday night.  This is for all the people who read Accidental Death but haven't made the move to read the second book in the series.  Someday I hope to write at least one more book for Dennis Haggarty.  For now, though, there's just the two.  There will also be a sale on the SCIU books at the beginning of next month.

I really need to set up marketing for the SCIU sale, but the funds aren't there at this time.

It was a weird reading week.  I read two and DNF'd three.

The activity thing was going pretty good at the beginning of the week.  Then it kinda flopped.  So, 4 out of 7 days.  I haven't weighed myself in a few days, but the last time I did, I was at 177.0, so down 3.4 for the year.  (I got down to 175.8 during the viral outbreak, but I knew I'd gain some of that back so it doesn't count toward my overall weight loss.)

One downside to losing weight is that my clothes don't fit right anymore.  I'm constantly pulling my pants up everywhere I go.  Every stinking pair.  And I didn't keep any of my thinner clothes because I figured I'd never be that size again.  However, if I try buying the next size smaller, they're still too tight.  Stuck in the limbo region of weight loss.  Meh.  Just as well.  I don't want to buy new clothes at this point.

We've been having a bit of yo-yo weather here.  Up down up down... sunny, rainy, windy, snowy.  Blerg.  This is not making me want to be active, lemme tell ya.  And the weather dudes are saying it supposed to start snowing any minute.  Umm, yah. 

Okay, that's enough out of me.  Time to drink some coffee, smoke some cigarettes, and wake the hell up.  What have you been up to lately?

2 comments:

  1. We're having weird weather here, too. Lovely and warm one day, freezing the next. It's expected to get down to 23F tonight - that's crazy for Texas. Not much walking gets done on days like that! (To the mailbox and home, and only if I sell a pattern.)

    I'm still puttering along in the dressmaking book. I finally finished 1867, and officially started 1868. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only wear pants that require belts. Keeps them in place. ;)

    There was a weekend. It was cold. I had pancakes and Mexican food. And baseball.

    I didn't write. I did read.

    Life goes on. LOLOL

    ReplyDelete