Saturday, March 30, 2019

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 3/30/19

Last wrap-up for the month of March.  Let's see what happened...

I still have ten unread ebooks on the Kindle, so I haven't downloaded anything new.  But I stopped by St. Vinny's yesterday and came home with a bunch of Agatha Christie paperbacks, a couple Phyllis Whitney hardcovers, and a paperback of John Updike's Rabbit, Run - a book I've been meaning to read since college.

Books Read:

25) Life with Father / Life with Mother by Clarence Day (3/27/19) - Memoir - 3 stars.  This was a thrift store find, so I think I paid 50c.
I didn't bother reviewing it, but I did finish it.  I was expecting it to be at least 4 stars until the end when I discovered I had stopped liking the both Father and Mother.  I hope they were both long passed before this was published because it didn't paint them in a favorable light.  Might've all been true, but bleh.  If you're a fan of the movie, don't bother reading this.  There really wasn't much about the book that was in the movie.

DNF 3/29/19 - Political Thriller.  Got it as a freebie.  I started it Thursday morning but I just couldn't get into it.  I gave up last night.  I might try again some other day, but with as many books as I have to read, chances are I'll never get back to this.

Currently reading a British suspense novel I've had on my Kindle since the beginning of last month.  I didn't make it that far in before Live PD came on, but so far, so good.

What did you read last week?  Anything good?  Anything new?

1 comment:

  1. I took a break from the Black Dagger Brotherhood marathon to listen to "Right to My Wrong" because my hold at the library dropped and there was still a wait list. It was okay. I gave it a 3.

    Then I dove back into BDB. There are things that bug me. A lot. The dialogue is so freaking stilted and..."ganster film noir." Lot's of "You feel me?" and "What's the sitch" (as in situation) and way more. They're all either "free" on my Audible Romance package or from the library. I wouldn't pay for them. They aren't keepers. But they are HUGE sellers and have a massive following/fan base. I'm partly reading them to see what the big draw is. Same with that other author I've been reading. I don't get it. With either author but I'm obviously in the minority.

    Anyway, I digress. So...I finished BDB #6 and I'm taking a break for two reasons--the next book is a novella (#6.5) not available in audio and I'm on the wiat list for #7. If I finished the novella and the next book hasn't dropped yet, I'm going to relisten to a book that delighted me, Shelly Laurenston's HOT AND BADGERED, and then move on to her new release IN A BADGER WAY. These are paranormal shifters of all flavors and I laugh out loud reading and/or listening to the books set in this world.

    Oh, I'm also 22 books ahead of schedule on my GR challenge. I just tagged #82. Ah, the joys of insomnia. LOL

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete