Sitting here right now, after waking up late, the past week is a blur. Let's see if I can recreate it.
I only got out 4018 words last week. That's three night's worth of writing. Not great, but could've been worse. I'll be working toward a better week this week. On the upside, the writing I did get out is really fun. I mean, it was fun to write, so it should be fun to read, right?
Marketing happened. I still only moved 10 copies of Sleeping Ugly. FB being up to its usual tricks hampered some of it. I think FB is also shadow-banning me. Not much I can do about that. I'm not in a position right now to pay for ads, so I guess I get what I get and I'd better like it. Last month's sales totals were 4.73 books for like $9.43. I'm rich, I'm rich, I'm a wealthy miser. Umm, yah.
In baking news, I made Outrageous Chocolate Chip Cookies again. Other than that, it was way too hot to turn on the oven.
On the activity front, I mostly did stuff in the greenhouse - watering, moving plants around, repotting stuff. I also did a bit of cleaning. I weighed myself at one point and it wasn't good, so I didn't jot down of the exact number. Weight: around 180.
Speaking of greenhouse activity, I harvested my oldest pot of carrots. And :drumroll: there were no viable carrots in there. Loads of greenery, but maybe a half dozen piddlin' things that wouldn't even qualify as baby carrots. I tossed the lot of them into the yard. Then I took an empty pot and planted a new batch of carrot seeds for fall harvest. We'll see. I repotted a couple of peppers, so they have more room to grow. I also added more dirt to a few of the pots that looked like they needed it. I'm watering every two days and everything seems to be fine. I have flowers on a couple of my tomato plants, so yay. Also, the beefsteak looked like it was growing roots on one of its branches, so I snipped that off and poked it into its own dirt. Fingers crossed there. Oh, one more thing, I harvested some more potatoes. I got about 6-8 potatoes big enough to eat... fingerlings, so they're small anyway... and a few potatoes I can replant.
This week, we saw a mama raccoon and her 4 babies. Yay. The deer are doing fine, the fawns are growing like weeds. Lumpy, on the other hand, is not doing well - which sucks, but there's nothing we can do about it. She's an old deer. I just hope her foster fawn does well without her. Then again, we've done a death watch on Lumpy before and she's pulled through. Time will tell.
Today, we're talking about cleaning windows. yippee. I know it needs to be done, I'm just not motivated at the moment. I need more coffee to jumpstart my gumption.
Okay, I should probably toddle off. Have a great day and an awesome week.
Last week was. Glad it's over. Yay for new words. Yay for cookies and greenhouse stuff. Good luck with cleaning windows if you decide.
ReplyDeleteI sold 18 books last month. I think 2 people each bought an entire series. Looking at zeros today.
Yesterday...was. There was closure and a reunion. More on my blog tomorrow. I got home, did a bit then took a 4 hour nap.
Today, I plan to "piddle" and drink coffee until noon and then I am going to puzzle my way through some stuff in ARIEL'D DAMN BOOK. I really need a real title. I have a long list of posibilities but none of them click. Oh well.
Okay. My cup is empty. Time for a refill. Have a good week. Later, tater.