Friday, July 31, 2026

Friday This n That

 What the hell is wrong with me?  I totally didn't even think yesterday was Thursday, so I then totally didn't do a damn post.  This is becoming a regular thing with me.  Derp.

I saw a neat news story about a kid in Montana who lassoed a guy drowning in a river and pulled him to safety.  Awesome.  I like news about good kids.  It kinda makes all the bad stuff a bit better, ya know?

Speaking of good stuff, yesterday evening, we had four baby raccoons and their mama in the yard.  They were all just sorta hanging out together near the deer feed and munching on leftover protein pellets.  Then mom left.  A few minutes later, the four babies trundled after her in a line, following her scent trail like she'd drawn a line behind her.  She walked through the two water pans, so they walked through the water pans.  I mean, she was already out of sight when they went after her, so it had to be a scent trail, right?  They were so cute.  And yes, I know raccoons can be destructive little bastards, but we haven't had a problem with raccoons being destructive.  Ours are just cute.  :knock on wood:  And no, I didn't have my trail cam out.  I keep forgetting to put it up.

Growing old sucks.

I have been a total toad lately, especially about being active.  Thus, everything hurts.  I know it's anti-intuitive, but it's true.  The less active I am, the more I end up hurting.  Now that the temps are finally beginning to be not-gross, I'll get back outside and do some active things.  Maybe I'll take a walk today.

Speaking of toads, we had one in the garage.  Hubs saw it about a week ago, but he couldn't catch it.  I saw it yesterday and tried to catch it myself.  It was probably quite a sight to see this old lady bent over trying to catch a toad.  Anyway, it hopped under the Jeep, so I got the fishing net.  I'm happy to say the toad is now outside and no one got injured in the process.  (Okay, the toad peed on my hand.  That's what toads do.)

Yesterday, my Roku kind of freaked out and disappeared most of my saved programs, so there I was trying to figure out what was missing, which ain't easy for a memory like mine.  Later in the day, it showed that stuff again, so yay.  Except now it's trying to put all my programs back at the beginning.  It better fix that crap, because I have no idea what seasons/episodes I'm at in those programs, damn it.  I mean, MasterChef UK has a ton of seasons and each season has a ton of episodes, so it'll be a bitch to locate the exact one we last saw so we can watch the next one.  I think we're on season 4 or is it 6, and episode twenty-something... Argh.

I cut my nails yesterday and now I can't type.  Derp.

Okay, I probably should go do something constructive.  Have a great day, and drop some comments if you're of a mind to.  Peace out.

1 comment:

  1. At this point, days of the week are exchangable as far as I'm concerned.

    Watching kids be heroes gives me hope for that generation after all. Like the kid lifeguard in Santa Cruz who rescued the younger kid.
    Raccoons are cute. I saw a video of a family of them splashing in a small wading pool on someone's back deck. Adorable.

    Lets not discuss activity, ummmkay?

    Supposed to hit 106 here today. Ugh.

    I had a writing breakthrough yesterday. Yay. I hope the mojo is still there when I get back to it today.

    Memorial service tomorrow. Don't wanna go but yeah. Family. Want my niece to know she's still part of mine even though her mother banned me. Otherwise, I'd feel a bit hypocritical.

    Speaking of, I have to decide on outfit. Ordered a new one from the 'Zon. The stuff fits. Yay. The wide-leg pants are coffee colored. I have to chose between a parchment (sort of a golden beige) or dirty blue (slate blue) blouse. Both look good. Decisions, decisions.

    Not much else going on here. LG says he has to get out anyway so he'll take my vehicle and fill me up so Only and I have a full tank for the road trip. Only and Stormy are going. The "boys" are staying home. LG has stuff scheduled. Baseball Boy doesn't do funerals/memorials since he lost both his parents. Don't blame him. Not my thing either. Only will drive because my eyesight isn't that good. Anyway...

    Have a good weekend. Stay out of trouble. Later, gator.

    ReplyDelete