Sunday, August 16, 2026

Sunday Update - 2026 Week 33

 It's been a hot week with more hot expected.  I've basically been hiding in the house, absorbing the AC.

Writing this week went well.  I mean, of course, it could have gone better, but still, 6923 words ain't bad.  I meant to write last night, but the will got sucked out of me, so when 9 rolled around and Hubs asked if I was staying up, the answer was NO.  (I should've just stayed up because sleep was elusive anyway.  Derp.)  The book is now at 40001 words.  Let's see if I can hit 50K by this time next Sunday.  Good lord willin' and the wrists hold out.

Marketing was lame.  Too many days waking up later than I should've for optimal marketing postage.  I only moved 20 copies of UWC, but that's better than a sharp stick in the ass, so yay, I guess.  Tomorrow, Song of Storm and Shroud goes on the freebie train.  

This week, the baking bug hit me.  I made cinnamon rolls, double-chocolate oatmeal cookies, and chocolate banana bread.  The house was hot, but the treats were worth it.  Yesterday, I made a vat of pulled pork drowning in BBQ sauce.  Yum.  

On the activity front... Did I mention it was hot?  I did manage to get out and get the plants watered (less often than I should've but they're all still alive).  I also braved the heat and did the groceries on Friday.  Something new on the activity list is that I'm trying to run through my simple set of exercises - 5 reps each, no weights - at least every other day.  It's nothing major, but it's a start on the road back to not being an atrophied lump of muscle covered in a generous layer of fat.  Weight: 180.6

The greenhouse... the tomatoes are looking a little pitiful, but I have hopes for better news once the temps take their downward turn.  The peppers are happy, if unproductive.  I have two potato plants left that are trying to survive.  The carrots are pathetic but not out of the running yet.  The little trees I have left are mostly happy.  I think one of the redbuds is pooping out on me.  Live, damn you, live!

Lumpy Watch 2026: She holed up under the deck.  I keep expecting to find her dead, but yesterday, she was looking up at me through the slats while I watered my plants.  I really wish there was more I could do for her, but I don't want to run afoul of the government.  The best thing we can do for her now is to leave her alone and let her die in peace.  She is pretty old for a wild deer, but all the same, nature is a bitch.  

In other deer news, the five fawns all seem to be doing well.  The circle of life and all that.  Yesterday, three of them were sleeping in the yard while they waited for Hubs to bring food.  There were also two does sleeping and waiting.  I'm glad they think of our place as safe enough to catch some Zs.  

The cats are good, the Hubs is good, and I'm good.  What else can a gal ask for?  I mean other than rising book sales and calorie free chocolate that still tastes good. ;o)

Have a great week, everyone.  Hasta la bye-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment