So, here we are again at the Sunday Update. It wasn't a banner week for productivity, but life's that way sometimes.
I only wrote a couple thousand words. I blame a combination of being too damn tired to stay up and write and a slight case of the 'this book is stupid and no one will want to buy it'. The latter may also be part of the being tired thing. I need to remind myself that I'm writing this book for myself and I enjoy it, and snap for anyone who doesn't like it.
Marketing was done and books ordered numbers were limp. I moved 12 copies of RHI. :sad trombone: On a happier note, I did sell a book - AD. Of course, that one is only 99c, so I made 35c. Woot. My total $$ for the month of August is sitting at $3.22.
I'm still not reading much, but I stopped at the thrift store in town and bought another 8 books. Some of those were NF and meant for our shelves - John Stuart Mill, TH Huxley, Living Free - but I also got a Louis L'Amour, a Dick Francis, and a couple of fantasies and a SF from authors I'd never heard of. I'm calling it a win. So far this year, I've spent $2.65 on books, which reflects how much money I'm making at writing.
I tried a different chocolate-chip cookie recipe. This one has coconut. The recipe said it made 48 cookies, but looking at the ingredient list made me think the batch was going to be huge - I mean, 2 CUPS of butter? Really? - so I halved it. I still ended up with 48 cookies. They're okay.
On the activity front, I did stuff this week. I watered the greenhouse 3 times, repotted some stuff, fell through the deck, did some cleaning, did groceries, ran errands. It was a busy week. Weight: 181.4 - so no, I was active, but not burning enough calories to offset the intake. Blerg.
Speaking of greenhouse stuff, like I said, I repotted some stuff - two of the tomatoes and a couple of the trees. The 'maters were looking peaky, so I figured it couldn't hurt. If they die from the repotting, I'm not really losing anything, and they could come back and fruit this fall. The trees had to be repotted, but after I crushed the pot they were in it was more crucial. The beefsteak tomato is okay, but not producing flowers yet. The bell peppers are all looking amazing, but no flowers yet either. I have two potato little potato plants that appear to be thriving. The carrots? I'm not holding out hope for those, but they aren't dead yet.
Oh, yeah, the 'fell through the deck' thing. I bet you thought I wasn't going to talk about that. It was embarrassing, after all. Well, you see, the greenhouse was strategically placed over a couple of already roached deck boards. I've been really good about not stepping on those boards when I'm in the greenhouse, but I was repotting tomatoes and when I carried the grape tomatoes in their new pot for placement in the greenhouse, I wasn't paying attention to where my feet were going. I heard the board start to crack and managed to set the tomato pot down, but then my foot went through and I fell back. I ended up on my ass with one leg dangling through the hole up to my knee. I got myself out and upright, and finished my chores. I'm bruised, but nothing's broken - at least not on me. When I went down, I crushed the plastic pot holding my buckthorns and one little sycamore. I also bent one of the struts on the greenhouse. Derp. Just call me Gracie.
Okay, time to refill my coffee and get on with the day. Have a great one, wherever you are. :hugs:
No comments:
Post a Comment