Thursday, October 3, 2024

Thursday This n That

If you're not following Wild Heart Ranch in Oklahoma, you're missing out on some really great photographs of awesome animals and some wonderful positive stories.  Right now, they're sharing about this little coyote that came in with mange.  She was a wreck - hairless and dying.  Now, the mange treatment has worked, her fur is growing back, and she's working toward re-release into the wild.  She's strikingly beautiful.

We often hear coyotes here.  Sometimes we see them.  I think they're cool.  Yeah, I know they can be destructive and harm livestock, and I know sometimes they have to be destroyed.  I'm okay with that.  But if they aren't doing any harm to people or property, then leave them alone.  They're just out there doing their jobs and living their lives.  Same goes for armadillos. Or really any other critter.  And that goes for people, too.

I watch a lot of crime stuff -- fictional and non.  Don't get me started.  

I've been baking a lot lately.  I've also been eating a lot.  I really need to up my activity level or I'm going to have to roll myself down the street.  Or I could just eat less, I guess.  Nah.

Yesterday, I got a wild hair and moved a couple of my bookshelves.  Here in the office, I have three bookshelves along the west wall - short, medium, and tall.  They were arranged in that order.  Unfortunately, the cats could jump from a chair onto the short one and then they had a straight shot to the top.  I didn't have a problem with this until Sawyer decided if he got on the tall one, he could lean over and bat at my clock.  I moved the chair, which made it so the boyz couldn't get up there.  Or so I thought.  I walked into the office the other day to find Finn at the top.  I stopped that with some boxes, but it wasn't a permanent fix.  I rearranged the shelves so they are medium, small, tall now.  And I put books on top of the small one, so it's less attractive as a landing space.  That should fix his little red wagon.  Cats... am I right?

I also replanted Cecil the Cedar yesterday.  Not in the ground.  Not yet.  He's just in a larger pot with better dirt.  I'm not ready for him to go in the ground.  I don't want the deer to eat him like they ate Elmer the Elm.  Poor Elmer.  =o(

And that's it.  Feel free to leave a comment.  I do read them all, even if I don't respond to them.

1 comment:

  1. Cats...you are totally right. However, where there's a cat, there's a way to get to the top...Just sayin'.

    After telling my dad's Playboy recipe story on another blog yesterday, I was reminded of the time my mother got tipsy on gimlets and was frying up liver for dinner. She squicked at touching the stuff but liked eating it so there she was in the kitchen, talking to the liver as she floured it and plopped it in the frying pan. Now I have a hankering for liver and onions. I have to have been the only kid in the world who actually LIKED liver and onions, along with mashed potatoes and gravy.

    It's Thursday. I'm getting new tires on Drover today. Baby needs new shoes. We're going with cheap ones with 50K mile warranty. The SUV only has 68K miles on it and it's 16 years old. At my age, that warranty should suffice.

    Still loving the new coffee maker, as I sit here swigging a cuppa hot joe.

    Edits are moving along. I have decided that the theme to "Rawhide" should be the automatic theme song for all writers and editors. Head 'em up, move 'em out, move 'em out, head 'em up, rawhide! I dare you to get that earworm out of your head now.

    Not much else in my world. Didn't make Wally's yesterday so going today while Drover gets his news boots.

    Off to finish my intrawebz wandering so maybe I can get a chapter in before time to head out.

    Rawhide!

    ReplyDelete