Thursday, February 9, 2023

Thursday This n That

 I snapped off the earpiece on my glasses while I was at work the other morning. Now, I can read without my glasses, but it's a pain in the ass, and it gives me a headache.  I could've run home for a different pair, but I didn't want to use my lunch half-hour for that.  Luckily, I knew one of my co-workers had super glue.  I glued the damn earpiece back together and sat waiting for it to dry.  If you know me, you know I'm short on patience, so after a minute of waiting and the glue still wasn't dry, I took a strip of Kleenex and wrapped it around the sticky part, then taped that.  Black glasses, white band.  Yep, I went full nerd.  And yeah, I got laughed at, but I joined in with it.  (No, I do not see customers very often, so no worries there.)  I now have a different pair of glasses for work but the nerd glasses are sitting here on my desk.  LOL

The other day, I was out behind the office smoking when I heard a distinctive, reedy whistle in the sky that I knew meant cedar waxwings.  I love cedar waxwings.  I glanced around trying to spot them when the flock flew into view.  As it was flying along, some of its members noticed the big cedar tree they were about to pass.  The whole flock hooked a luey and settled into their favorite type of tree.  Not sure if there were any berries left in there for them to eat, but they seemed happy.

When I'm tired or I'm stressed, I have brainfarts. If I'm both, look out world.  Afternoons are the worst.  

I almost typed branfarts up there, with is a radically different thing.  ROFL

Getting old sucks.

I saw a thing on FB this morning that said something like 'singing while dressed up as the devil isn't going to impress your grandpa who was dropping acid while watching Ozzy bite the heads off of live bats 50 years ago'.   I laughed.  And then I realized that, yeah, my generation is now old enough to have grandkids.  I need to scan a photo of me wearing my Guns n Roses t-shirt.  Or one of me drunk off my ass.  I might have one that is both.  Makes me wish I'd gotten the t-shirt at the Monsters of Rock concert in 1988.  It'd be trashed by now, but there would be pics.

And on that note, I probably should head in the direction of getting ready for work.  It's supposed to be gross today, so I'm not dressing up.  Business casual all the way, baby.

Have a great day wherever you are.  Stay safe and stay warm.  :hugs:


2 comments:

  1. ROFL! Maybe you'll set a new fashion. Mom and I accidentally started a new fashion when, a few years back, my hair got thin and Mom's was thinner, so we started wearing hats. Well, caps. Now a lot of local women wear baseball caps. :-)

    Shudder to grandkids. My sister is now a great-grandmother, twice over. Eek!

    We got another inch of rain, and the little frogs are singing their hearts out near the pond. (Temporary pond; it will disappear this summer.) I think they're tree frogs, but I haven't got a glimpse of one yet.

    Tomorrow I get steroid shots in my knees. Sigh, the price of getting old. Mom says they helped her enormously, so I'll close my eyes and try not to whine. Toooooo much. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to come back yesterday afternoon after my eye appointment but...well...best laid plans and all that. Eyes were dilated, I couldn't see a blasted thing so I went back to bed. More on stuff come Monday but early warning, I'll be "in and out" of things for at least the next two weeks, starting Valentine's Day. Long story. It'll be on my Monday follow-up as I'm still processing stuff.

    Anyway, cool on everything. Cedar waxwings are awesome. We get tufted titmouses (titmice?) due to our abundance of youpans. They love the red berries.

    Happy Friday! And again, sorry for being a day late. LOL

    ReplyDelete