Thursday, February 23, 2023

Thursday This n That

The lack of people who've been properly trained to do their jobs is depressing. (No, that thought does not sprout from my place of employment.  I DO do other things besides work, for petesakes.)

I found someone the other day who was most excellent at his job.  When he was finished, I looked him in the eye and said 'You're a god among men, Floyd."  After spending the morning dealing with incompetents, he was.

With the drop in customer service (especially when you consider how rare it is to encounter a real human being these days), I shouldn't be surprised at the number of customers who are surprised when I recognize them on the phone and treat them as friends.  If I've spoken to you more than a couple of times, chances are I will recognize you.  If you're nice to me and we've chatted, it's like 'old home week' when you call.  Customer service... it's a lost art.

I'm moving kind of slow this morning.  But that's okay, I still have an hour before I have to leave for work.

I've been helping out and feeding the deer more often lately.  They're starting to accept me as 'not scary' and don't even run when I walk down there.  They casually walk back a few paces.  Lumpy is damn near tame.  I want to scratch her ears.  I won't and she won't let me, but I want to.

Okay, I think that's about it.  Not that I have to rush off, but I can't think of anything else worth talking about.  Have a great day, everyone!





2 comments:

  1. Customer service IS a lost art. So is competent employees to a large extent. I had to laugh at a news story the other day. The sign on the door said: Help Wanted. Stupid People Need Not Apply. And people got upset for chrissakes. I applaud the pizza shop owner. Because yeah--you gotta be stupid to fail in a pizza shop. I will add that I am NOT denigrating fast food workers. It's not easy, and it takes intelligence and more power to those who go that route and do their jobs competently!

    Yay for the deer recognizing you now. And no. No petting. You don't really want them to be unafraid of people. Hunting season...

    Surgery went. Jury is still out on the left eye. We'll see. Could take 4-6 weeks for vision and pressure to stabilize. I am so ready to be able to see without problems, even if it's only one eye.

    Not much else going on around here. Butt-crack of dawn days are done for now. That's a big yay. Also naps. Quite a bit of that going around. LOL Also totally tired of the no-bending/no-lifting restrictions. Ugh. My knees don't like this whole squatting thing. LOLOL

    On that note, time to figure out what to do with my day. Hope yours is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree that too few people know their job, especially those who answer the phone.

    We saw a bobcat crossing the road a while back. It glanced at us and continued trotting on its way. Beautiful animal!

    Speaking of critters, Cleo bit me a couple of nights ago, hard enough to bruise me and draw (a little) blood. The squirrelly brat!

    I feel 111 years old today. Probably need more exercise. I did go for a walk this morning, but it was too darn cold to go very far.

    I found a new (to me) Victoria Thompson at the used-book store this week. I love her work!

    ReplyDelete