Sunday, February 12, 2023

Sunday Update - Week 6

Another week gone by in a flash.  It seems like just yesterday I was posting a Sunday Update for Week 5.  Derp.  

Once again, not much happened.  Worked a full week.  Good days, bad days... gave myself a good talking to and all is well.  I cannot control the world around me.  I can only control my reactions to it and my actions in it.  Why I have to keep reminding myself of this escapes me.

In reading news, I finally did a wrap-up post yesterday.  Only two Books Read.  Also two DNFs.  :shrug:

I made a pizza yesterday.  Full on, with handmade dough and everything.  My arms are sore today, but it was worth it.  Today, I'm doing a BBQ pork roast.  Yummers.

Making pizza was the only thing even approaching activity last week.  Weight: 161.4.  I can't seem to break the 160 barrier and stay there.  :shrug:  That's fine, really.  If I live out the rest of my life hovering around 160, I'll be happy.  I know my body is happier for dropping those 20 pounds.  I just need to increase my activity level so I'm not one big pile of atrophied muscle.

I saw a raccoon on my way to work on Friday.  He crossed the highway a ways in front of me and was happily walking up the embankment on the other side when I passed him.  Good boy, Rocky.  I see too many of your brethren trying to cross roads and failing.

This cold thing has been a devil to get rid of.  I'm still not at 100%.  Neither is Hubs.  I'm probably at 95% but Hubs has only made it to like 80%.  Of course, I had it first, so he has to catch up.  The last lingering part of it is the cough.  Blerg.  I hope none of you get this.  Talking to Mom up in Michigan, she had it the week before I got mine, so it's not a local thing.  It's not fatal.  It's just a pain in the ass.

Yesterday, I ran errands.  I filled up the car - $3.09 a gallon. Twinge.  Hit the Wallyworld to top off the groceries - $146. Not as bad as I'd feared, but I didn't get that much.  2.25 pounds of 90/10 burger - $11+.  Ouch.  Picked up deer feed.  Whole corn is $11 for a 50 pound bag.  Ouch.  Now that I'm working, it's not hitting us as hard as it would've if I wouldn't, but come on, man. Can we please have Trump back now?

And on that note, I'll let you get back to your regularly scheduled lives.  Have a great day and an awesome week!  :hugs:  Oh, and feel free to tell me about your week.  =o)

2 comments:

  1. Hope you two kick that cold $h!+ to the curb ASAP! May Rocky always cross the road safely. And prices are ridiculous. I used to spend $100 a week. Now it's often $170. That little raise SSA gave us old folks only bounced off inflation. Not sure I actually want T-man back but I'd love to have his fiscal policies back in place! And his border policies. Moving on.

    Last week. Yeah. Stuff happened. Actually not much but what did happen was a bit on the "Oh $h!+" side of things. I hate to keep teasing but I only want to have to go through things once.

    I got very little writing done but some. Nothing to brag about and it will be awhile before I get back to it. I finished a couple of audio books. Ended up having to buy one because the Hoopla version was defective. Grrr. I was almost halfway through and right in the middle of important events so I spent an audible credit. If I can get an audio book from the library or through Hoopla, I'm trying not to buy them, even though I'll probably listen again. I'm cheap like that.

    Went to the eye doctor on Thursday. I was there almost 4 hours but it still felt like a slam-bam-thank-you-ma'am kinda day. Events are moving fast and I'm thankful they are if I'm a little shell-shocked at the same time. As I told LG, it is what it is.

    I've actually lost some weight! I hit 179 one morning this last week. I've been hovering around 180-183 which is awesome since I've normally hovered around 200 for several years.

    Not much else. Gotta start laundry and need to iron once it's down. Ugh. Need more coffee. Need to do some paperwork. Need a nap. LOLOL Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Rocky! I hate seeing roadkill. The attitude around here is if you see 'em dead on the road, it means there is a healthy population. Sigh.

    This week I saw our local bobcat cross the road near our driveway. He's bigger than I expected! He also explains why I've seen so few rabbits lately.

    So far, the steroid injections are a bust, but the PA said they could take a week to kick in. I hope so, 'cuz my knees are sorer now than before.

    I've been reading waaaay too much, and enjoying every minute of it! :-)

    ReplyDelete