Sunday, February 5, 2023

Sunday Update - Week 5

 Another exciting week in the life of B.E. Sanderson.  Just kidding... there's no excitement here.

Monday and Tuesday were snow days.  I made it to work the other three days.  Side roads were crap, but the highway was dry, so once I made it out of here I was good until I had to turn onto the road for the office.  And then reverse that when I left.  I'm a Michigan girl, though, so it's no big deal.

I ran errands yesterday.  Dollar General in the morning and then because of a snafu, Wallyworld in the afternoon.  I did meet a funny dude at the Walmart.  He was chatting with the greeter I like and she invited me into the conversation.  I think he might've been a Vietnam Vet.  He was the right age range.  But he also could've lost his legs some other way.  Dude was hilarious and I thanked him for giving me a chuckle before I walked off to shop.  Later, I saw him in the store and he was flying down the aisle in his wheelchair.  I called him a speed demon and he laughed.  Cool guy.

I forgot to post my reading wrap-up yesterday.  There was only one book on it, so I'll leave it for next weekend.  

On the weight/activity scale, the only activity I got was throwing salt in the parking lot.  Weight: 159.4

The cold from hell is still lingering in the house.  Hubs' cough is still present, although it does sound better this morning.  I bought some better cough syrup and cold pills, which he used as soon as I got home.  All my symptoms are almost gone, but now I have this smidgen of a headache.  Yip-pee.

Oh, the snafu.  I picked up a new phone card for Hubs' Tracfone.  No biggie, right?  Well, it wouldn't upload.  I don't know if all y'all have heard about the 3G sunset - wherein 3G devices will no longer work as of some indeterminate date - but apparently Hubs' phone was 3G and his date had passed.  So I ran down to Wallyworld and got him a new phone.   I attempted to set it up last night, but it wouldn't let me do it online, so today I have to call Tracfone and see if I can get them to get his info from the old phone to the new phone.  I am a dinosaur.

Everything else here is pretty much the same. SOS... SSDD... if you're old enough to remember those.  How are things in your world?

1 comment:

  1. Glad you both are on the mend and ugh on the phone snafu. That's a bummer. Yay on the cool dude.

    We were in the 50s yesterday and supposed to hit 60s today before more stuff moves in tomorrow night. Tis the season and all that crayola.

    Stormy's best friend's grandmother, Only and I got into a conversation at the last soccer game--words/phrases to use in lieu off. I cracked her up. Only and me? The F-word is a fav, along with varitions of the same as in mother... Anyway, I reeled off Mother Goose, crayola, fudgecicles, shi-uh-gar (sugar), ham it all, great balls of fire, and a few others I can't remember at the moment--not enough coffee. G-ma was laughing hysterically and taking notes, as was her granddaughter, who is like 6th grade. Yeah, let's corrupt 'em young, I say.

    First Saturday yesterday. Siren test and Mexican food for the win. Yumy in my tummy. Sadly, all the stupid people were out. Still, worth dealing with the idiots for the food and family. While at the restaurant, met a family that has a litter of Berndoodles--Bernese Mountain Dogs/Standard Poodles. Mom said they look like BMDs but with curly hair. *makes grabby hands* WANT! But not really. I'm not that interested in raising a puppy again.

    Listening to a "graphic" audio book. It's like listening to one of the old radio plays. Kind of interesting. Wasn't sure I could get into it, but this one surprised me. More next week if you do a reading round-up. 😉

    On that note, I'm in desperate need of more coffee. Later, tater!

    ReplyDelete