Thursday, October 20, 2022

Thursday This n That

When your job requires a great deal of typing and mousing and other hand work, it's probably best to watch that you don't hurt your wrists.  Eh, my wrists were screwed years ago.  They wanna hurt?  Well, fuck 'em.  I've got shit to do.  So there. =op  Like the job I had where I had to be on my feet all day, but my legs are screwed.  Did I hurt?  Hell, yeah.  Did I do my job anyway?  Well, of course I did.  I'm not independently wealthy for pitysakes.  I think even if I was, I'd still be doing something.  Like writing, which lord knows is not easy on the wrists.  Can I get a what-what?

Why yes, I am full of vinegar this morning.  Why do you ask?

If you type FUCK or F*CK, it's the same thing.  You're not fooling anyone.  People don't think you're meaning FACK or FICK.  They know there's a U there.  Yeah, it's not a nice word.  That's the point.  Derp.  Fly and be free.

I try not to swear at work.  It's unprofessional.  So, I try to be creative.  Son of a motherless monkey is my favorite.  When I rack my knee on the edge of my desk... SON OF A MOTHERLESS MONKEY.  Although, I still catch myself saying 'shit' under my breath when something goes wrong.  It's sounds more like ssht but anyone within hearing distance knows what I'm saying.  

I got home from work to 4 spreadsheets that needed doing and today is payday at the side job, so if I wanted to get a check, I needed to get them done before the office opens at 7 (my time) this morning.  I did three last night.  Another one came in while I was doing those, so I finished the last of that and the new one this morning.  Yes, I am a working machine.  Got my timesheet in on time. Yay.

One good thing about the job is that although I am super busy, so is everyone else.  It would royally piss me off if I was this busy and someone was sitting around playing Candy Crush.  I've been in jobs like that.  I'd be there busting my hump while Little Miss Entitlement sat on her ass, doing her nails.  Know what effect that has?  Eventually, I stopped busting my ass.  Then I felt guilty.  Then I found a job where everyone was busting their asses, like they were supposed to, and the previous employer was stuck with no one busting their ass.  Good luck with all that.

Okay, it's getting close to time to get ready for work.  Have to make my lunch, and get dressed, and sundry other pre-work things.  Have a great day.  And feel free to drop your comments.  I'll approve them when I get home.  

Have a great day!



2 comments:

  1. What-what!

    When I type *fuck*, autocorrect, I do NOT mean *duck*.

    Now I am singing ABBA..."You are the working machine..."

    Your this-n-that is far more interesting than mine. I buggered my right shoulder again. Gave up, dosed on pain meds and went to bed with the heating pad for the NLCS game yesterday afternoon. Fell asleep. Woke up 5 hours later, at 8:30. Good thing LG knows how to feed himself and the dogs! 🤣 Padres came back to win game 2, series split now. Yanks got beat by 'stros but Harrison Bader hit a homer so that was a yay!

    Writing? What is this odd thing of which you speak?

    Loki pulled a Shroedinger's Cat yesterday. He disappeared. All freaking day. We even looked for him outside. Then he mysteriously appeared about the time LG started the boys' dinner. Spooky.

    Hope you have a good day. At least the week is almost over. Shoulder is some better so I hope to get some polishing done. So far, mousing and typing don't hurt. 🤞🏼 It's only when I reach forward or try to raise my arm. Later, tater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What-what!

    I love the son of a motherless monkey! For a while mine was child of a purple horse-radish. Don't know where that one came from.

    I agree, there is little more irritating than a lazy coworker, especially the one who tries to get you to do their work, too.

    Cleo needs to go to the vet, if/when I can get her an appointment on a day I have the car. She has licked her tummy and thighs mostly bald. It will soon be too chilly for that, and I don't have thick enough skin to try and dress her. Well, maybe I just don't have the courage! ;-)

    ReplyDelete