Sunday, February 10, 2019

Sunday Update - Week 6

Well, hello!  Fancy meeting you here.

This past week, I got back to writing on a project that will be published eventually.  The plan is to get 'er done this month, edit etc.  And hopefully have it to my editor by the end of March.  So, maybe May/June?  Depends on fast I can get this sucker on the page and how much editing I have to do afterwards.  The writing hasn't gone super fast, so I only got out like 5K last week, but I wrote on 5 out of the seven days, so I'm calling it a win.

The big Once Upon a Djinn sale wrapped up last night.  Friday night, the ad was paid for.  Everything else is gravy.  And the ad for SU last month finally paid for itself in page reads, so that's gravy, too.  Not a lot of gravy in either case, but better than nothing.

I spent a lot of last week making ads and posting to FB Groups.  And keeping track of it all in a spreadsheet.  I'll talk more about that tomorrow on Outside the Box.

I did some reading.  Finished two books and made good headway into a third.

Didn't give a rat's ass about the Super Bowl, but I did make homemade pizza on Sunday.  It was awesome, but it was a lot of work.  Then later in the week, I made homemade turkey pot pie.  Awesome, but again, a lot of work.  I called a moratorium on baking for a little while.  Lucky for Hubs, we still had pumpkin pie bread in the freezer.  It's defrosted now and he's happy.

On the activity front, I did something active 5 out of 7 days.  I counted kneading the pizza dough because if that isn't active, I don't know what is.  Ugh.  Stepped on the scale and was down to 179.6 pounds.  Not a huge step down, but it's nice to see that 9 again.

Yesterday, we did the last carpet - our bedroom.  Carpet cleaning is now done for the next 6... 8... 12 months.  Yay.  I counted that, too, because moving furniture and vacuuming is definitely active.  (Hubs does the actual carpet cleaning.  What, he needs activity, too.)

Well, that seems to be it for me.  What's going on in your world?



2 comments:

  1. Not much. But that's been par for the course for months now. I'm going to make changes. Not sure what or how but enough is enough.

    Glad you're writing! That's awesome news. :) Yay for cleaning and exercise. I'm going to get on the gazelle too. And write. And clean. No. Really. I'm done bein' a lump!

    Can't wait to hear about the secret project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I'm glad your muse is in the house!

    Pizza -- yummmmm! Mom used to make pizza from scratch. Much better than takeout!

    Still working on the dressmaking book. I'm all done with 1867. Well, with the text. I still have a billion illustrations to edit. But I keep telling myself, the end is in sight. I need binoculars to see it, but it's out there. ;-)

    ReplyDelete