Thursday, March 29, 2018

Thursday This n That

The rain here is really dragging me down.  Bleh.

The more times I watch Jurassic Park, the more inconsistencies I notice.  Like when the jeeps are stopped outside the T-Rex enclosure and the cables start snapping, the two guys look out their car windows and see the cable being dragged out of sight to the right.  The next thing the T-Rex is going through the middle of snapped cables - both sides in full view - between the two jeeps.  Yeah, I can suspend my disbelief about dinosaurs being created in a lab using DNA sucked out of a mosquito trapped in amber, but stuff like that cable thing messes me up.

BTW, the book is so much better.  So's the 2nd book.  (There were no subsequent books, not that I know of.)  May Dr. Crichton rest in peace and not have his spirit troubled too much by the travesty that was Jurassic World.  Don't get me started on that one.

Speaking of Crichton, he took so much shit for State of Fear, but I really enjoyed the book.  Well, I enjoyed the book once I ignored the numerous citations and stuck to the story.  (Hate citations.)

Well, enough about that.  Being stuck in the house because of the rain, and not being motivated to work on books or read books or market books, I've kinda been hungry.  Like all the time hungry.  This is not boding well for any decrease in the number on the scale. 

I have been exercising regularly.  That should retard the advancement of my ever-widening ass.  I'm up to about twenty minutes four or five times a week on the dance/exercise thing, and then I'm doing other active stuff, too.  Or I was until the rain hit.  Bleh.

Fish for dinner last night.  Ocean Perch.  Meh.  I got three lousy fillets for like $6 and they weren't anything to sing the praises of.  Last night was the last of that bag.  I mean, it's not horrible, but I won't be buying it again. I'll stick with salmon and tilapia if I can't catch my own.

Okay, that is probably quite enough out of me.  What've you got for me today?

1 comment:

  1. The sun will come out, tomorrow. Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun! Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow! *ducks and runs*

    Here's to fishing and baseball today! I'll be doing opening day at noon when my Cards go up against the Mets. In other news...there is no other news. Writing is like molasses on a sub-zero day. Which is bad. I have two books due mid-July, a proposal due in two weeks, and a boat-load of other books I want to get out this year.

    In the meantime, I'm blowing through the audio books of Jennifer Ashley's Shifters Unbound series.

    We had burgers for dinner. I fixed them. I really wanted to go to Five Guys. Their burgers rival my homemade and no kitchen to clean. But it's the end of the month so...eating at home.

    Send your rain our way. We've hit the desperate point. Had a little yesterday and overnight. Need a hellava lot more.

    Di I mention it's Opening Day? Opening Day should be a national holiday. Just sayin'...

    And...that's it for me. That's all I got. Except for my 3rd cup of coffee of the day. I may need to make another pot. *wanders off...*

    ReplyDelete