Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Toast

I hit the skids.  I'd call it the mid-summer blahs, but I'm afraid if I give it a name it'll hang around like a stray cat. 

Also, I woke up under the wrong side of the rock from my nap.  Grouchy McGroucherson.  Nothing I do feels right and I have this underlying suspicion that I totally suck in every way.  This, too, shall pass.  Until then, don't expect scintillating words from me. 

Which doesn't bode well for my writing.  If I can't throw off a page worth of brilliance for the blog, how can I lay down pages and pages of spectacularness for my books? 

I'm toast.

In other news, I expect to have a most awesome guest poster for Monday on The Guide.  She totally rocks.  And in true Wayne and Garth fashion, I'm so not worthy.

3 comments:

  1. Don't you hate it when that BLAH feeling overwhelms you? I'm in the midst (so maybe it is mid-summer blues) and it takes forever to shake.

    And I know you're not looking for accolades, but your writing does not suck! Just keep getting the words on the page, and when you emerge from your funk (hopefully soon), you'll be amazed at how good those words are.

    Ooh, looking forward to the Monday guest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're suffering from the blahs. :-(

    Hope you feel better soon.

    And I'm with Janet, you don't suck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, you guys. You're both awesome. :hugs:

    ReplyDelete