Thursday, January 13, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

The most wonderful Colene Murphy honored me with the Stylish Blogger Award (scroll to the bottom of her Define that word post).  It's one of those 'tell me 7 things I don't know about you' awards, so in keeping with the rules, here are seven things you might not know about me.

1) I'm 5'7 3/4" - but I tell everyone I'm 5'8.  In fact, I always thought I was 5'8 until they measured me in the hospital.  Maybe the accident shrunk me a quarter inch. 

2) I still think of myself as short because my four siblings are all taller than I am.  So's my mom.  And my father was taller than me, too.  Even my youngest nephew is taller and he's like 13.  The only family members who are shorter now are the great-grand nephews, and my one niece who was stunted as a child due to medical problems.

3) I had a mid-life crisis on my thirtieth birthday.  It lasted about an hour.  In Vegas, getting ready to go clubbing, I suddenly realized I wasn't young anymore.  I went through every outfit I had in my suitcase - mixing, matching and rejecting.  It ended when I accepted I wasn't going to look like the glamor girls at Studio 51, and that was fine by me.  I ended up dressing for comfort instead of style and had a blast.

4) I have a mole on the bottom of my foot, but I can't see it anymore because my leg doesn't bend that way. (At least, I hope it's still there.  :wink:)

5) I secretly love South Park and I watch it whenever my husband goes to bed first.  "OMG, you killed Kenny.  You bastard."  ROFL

6) I'm absolutely neurotic about keeping my hands from getting too dry.  I have lotion in my purse, in my car and five different kinds in my bathroom, so I'm never too far from moisturizer.  My favorite is Suave Advanced Therapy.

7) I'm one of the approx. 25% of head injury cases who wind up with heterotopic ossification.  Basically, this means that while my brain was spazzing out, it grew bone inside the soft tissue of my thigh and hip.  My x-rays look freaky, but you can't tell unless you touch right where it's at.  Yep, people, that rock hard thigh is not from working out.

So, there's seven things you didn't - and not have wanted to - know about me.  I don't usually return the favor by passing out these awards.  Suffice it to say that all my visitors are Stylish Bloggers.  (I mean, they come by here, so they have to have style.  Right?)  Give yourself an award for being a stylish group of people. 

=o)

5 comments:

  1. Ha! You're so sweet gal!!

    I think 5'8 is acceptable! SO jealous! I had no idea your brain could make bones grow like that! Well...okay when you put it that way, of course your brain could but I didn't know it WOULD. Wow. Weird!

    Interesting facts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE South Park. I think they are super creative in their story lines. While they offend many people, I still have to laugh at some of their jokes. But then, I hang out with middle schoolers all day! :P

    My post approval is pantrant. HAHAHAHA! How fitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks for the award! I loved learning more about you. Someday we'll hang out and I'll make you feel like a true Amazon. I'm only five foot two and a half. Shrimpy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As someone who is only 5"2 I have to say you are not short!

    New follower...

    demitrialunetta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG you're blogging too fast for me to keep up!

    I love South Park too. I love that while on the surface it seems juvenile, it is actually amazing social commentary. And heck, I love me some potty mouthed humor :)

    ReplyDelete