Friday, May 14, 2010

Weekly Update, Such as it is

First off, Philadelphia makes a spinach and artichoke cream cheese that's to die for.  Those bastards.  ;o)  Not that I haven't drifted off my diet in other ways.  The good news is I'm holding steady instead of gaining again, so that's got to be a positive thing, right? 

Which brings me to point two - I'll be turning $) next week.  And the less said about the age the better (which is why I left it in the other character form and not the number).  Last year I joked about it being my last birthday, but I'm not the sort who'll actually tell people I'm 39 forever.  I'll pass into this new decade of life with as much grace as I can muster.  And of course, the nifty presents Husband got me are helping ease the pains of mid-life.

Speaking of which, I actually got some words out on this new computer last night.  Yay.  It's still weird, but I'm dealing.  LOL, I had a minor breakdown this morning when I couldn't figure out how to use my bookmarks in Word.  (I live by my bookmarks.  How else am I supposed to hop between chapters?  Okay, yeah, I know there are other ways, but I like my way best.)  I figured it out, so it's all good.  Between last night and this morning, I've only written about 1500 words, but I consider that a win.  Right now any new words are a win.  (Did I mention how adverse I am to change?)

Oh, and yesterday my birthday camera came in.  I've always wanted a camera this technical, but I've never made the jump to get one.  Now that I have one, I admit it's freaking me out a little, but I'll get the hang of it.  I can't wait.  It even has a function to help with taking pictures of moving objects, and one for sunsets, and even one for taking pictures of food.  (Don't ask me why that would be a common function.  I don't know.)

So, what's new in your life?  Get anything new?  Read anything good?  I'm in the middle of Faerie Fate by Silver James, and so far, it's pretty good.

3 comments:

  1. You know I turn 40 on the 21st, right? I'm not really dreading it. It's just a number and at this moment in life, I'm pretty happy with who I am and where I'm at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going very technical for you $)th birthday, B.E. A good sign, though - keeping up with technology when most of us cower as we get older. Your camera sounds awesome - and glad to hear you're writing on the new computer!

    I, too, am in the middle of Silver James' FAERIE FATE. Loving it - just wish there was more time to sit and read, uninterrupted.

    As far as anything new - nadda! Maybe next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything new? Not much, just trying to get more revisions done. Happy $)th birthday and enjoy your new playthings!

    ReplyDelete