Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

That's my mom - twenty-five years ago. What can I say, she doesn't like having her picture taken.  In fact, she'd probably kill me if she knew I posted a picture of her here.  But I love her and I want to share her with all of you.

My mom.  My best friend.  I wish I could be with her today, but she's in Michigan and I'm in Colorado.  (Sounds like a Dan Fogelberg song, doesn't it.)  Anyway, she's spending the weekend at my oldest sister's house.  I hope she's having a lovely day - just chilling out and shooting the breeze.  That's her favorite kind of day and that's all I wish for her.

And for an extra... here's a shot of me with the reason I get to celebrate Mother's Day.

That was taken in 2001 - during my short hair years - when Daughter was just a wee bairn. Wasn't she just the cutest kid ever?

:ducks:  It may be Mother's Day, but even I can't get away with calling my teenage daughter a cute kid anymore.  ;o)

Have a great day, everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Mom's day to you! Hey, and Happy Birthday too! Hope you have fun with your new toys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you! (one day late, sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Why can't you? My mum still does it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mothers Day to you.

    Children grow up so fast, I can't believe my daughter is taller than me now.

    ReplyDelete