Thursday, May 17, 2018

Thursday This n That

I just did one of those 'list challenge' thingies.  This one was supposedly all the books that have ever been on the AP English test.  I'd read 35 out of 350+.  A lot of the books on there I'd never even heard of.  As I expected, there were few I hadn't read that I'd want to.  Bleh. 

Today is our anniversary.  14 years and still going strong.  Marrying Hubs was the best decision I ever made.

I'm making trout for dinner.  They just happened to have some at the Wallyworld, so I thought 'why not?'

After several days of hot hot hot, yesterday we had a break in the temps.  I had to actually put on pants for our walk.  (Instead of shorts, silly.)  And because it was cool, we ended up walking about a mile and a half round trip.  Which was awesome. 

Anybody else watching Long Lost Family?  There was one the other night where the adoptive mom told the gal that she'd been put up for adoption because her birth mom had a new boyfriend who didn't want to be burdened with another man's child - which totally wasn't true.  But even if it was, what kind of monster would tell that to their child, adopted or not?  Made me want to poke that lady in the eye.  Gah. 

Yes, I am constantly amazed by the stupid, ignorant, cruel things people do.  I shouldn't be amazed, but I must hold out some kind of secret hope that men can be better than they are.  (Men as a general term referring to humans regardless of gender.)

It's kind of sick that I have to put in qualifiers like the above.  But there's a lot of weird in the world right now.  :eyeroll:

On a happier note, my birthday is tomorrow.  I'll be four dozen.  (I've been saying it that way because it amuses me.)  I was telling a friend of mine that and said 'four decades' by mistake and she corrected me to five decades.  Umm, not quite.  LOL.  Then we talked Chinese New Year and how this was the year of the Dog and how me being a female born in the year of the dog made me a...  She stopped and thought about it for a second and then burst out laughing.  I've been using that schtick for years and it works every time.  And that's why I don't let it bother me if someone calls me a bitch, because technically, I am one.  :cheesy grin:

Have an awesome day out there folks.  Don't let the stupid and the ignorant, the cruel or the thoughtless, bother you today.  Or any other day, for that matter.  =o)

2 comments:

  1. All things good and small, or large, depending on the reaction. ;) Happy Anniversary! You got one of the good ones. And who needs pants? Silly rabbit.

    Okay, I'm full of the random today.

    Every time I watch the news, I hope that Darwinian theory will kick in. There's a whole bunch of people out there who shouldn't contribute to the gene pool.

    I'm between audio books. This makes me a little crazy. I'm not sure why. I could turn on the radio. But...

    I'm going to the post office today. I meant to go early in the week. Yeah, that didn't happen. I have no clue WHERE this week went but it up and ran away.

    The one item you don't want to buy "cheap generic" is bandages. Especially the large Band-aid type. They might not cost as much but they don't stick worth a piddle. Long cat story, old skin, lots of blood. Not worth repeating in detail.

    Am I the only one who doesn't care about the royal wedding this weekend?

    I really need to get some yard work done. If I cleared the volunteer Bermuda grass out of a brick island in the front yard, I could transplant iris this fall. I only had one bloom this year. Maybe if I bunched them all together... Yeah, I'll get right on that. Eventually.

    Amazon dropped a bombshell on the Kindle World "owners" and authors this week. It's a major mess, pain in the @$$, and a total hassle. Grrr.

    On a bright note, Starbucks is having a "happy hour" after 3 p.m. and I can get a fancy frappucino for half price. Yeah, I'm gonna splurge.

    Here's to an awesome day right back at'cha! I hope the trout tastes good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!

    And Happy Birthday tomorrow! I love the four dozen saying. I'm five dozen and one. :-)

    I've read a handful of "classics". When I was young, it seemed like the thing to do, but they generally left me puzzled. Now the only classics I want to read are older SF or fantasy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete