Saturday, March 17, 2012

Picture Pause - No Carrots Here

You've heard of the old carrot vs stick motivational thing, right?  Well, I'm fond of joking about taking a stick to my friends (and my kid) when they're not quite motivated to do their work.  Yesterday, I found an associate who can help me with that.

So, get to work or you can say hello to my little friend.  She looks ready to use it, don't you think?


Of course, her stick is much smaller than mine, but it's still motivating.  I mean, who wants a pissed-off bird swooping in to harass them with a pointy piece of wood?

(In reality, the above is a Cooper's Hawk who's working on its nest.  I assume it's the female, since she was the one picking out the perfect stick while her mate sat in a tree watching.  And she doesn't look happy about the fact that he was laughing at her the whole time.)


(Ummm, just so you don't think I'm a total loon - Cooper's Hawks have a call that sounds like they're laughing.)

3 comments:

  1. Very, very cool! What a beautiful hawk, and what a great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez, I guess I better get to work, then! I don't want her poking at me with that twig!

    ReplyDelete