Friday, September 10, 2010

Weekly Update

Howdy.  It's been a helluva week.  I finished the edits on DLN (or Djinnocide - or maybe The Third Wish - I haven't decided) and worked on the blurb.  I'm still looking for readers if any of you have some free time to read a book and make notes about what strikes you.  Please don't make me beg.  It's unattractive and I just don't like doing it.

Anyway, now that I'm at a stall point in my writing (i.e. experiencing PMMD or post manuscript malaise disorder, as I like to call it), I've been doing other things.  For instance, I've made 4 batches of zucchini bread in the past week.  Yesterday, I started cleaning and ended up rearranging the living room furniture.  Today I'm deep cleaning the bathrooms.  (Thank goodness nothing to rearrange in those.) 

I've also been keeping up with grading homework for Daughter.  So far, so good.  The worst grade she got so far was in Economics and that was 87%.  Her first English assignment - final draft - is due today.  The drafts have been awesome, so I expect a good final grade on this. 

In other news, I have to pilfer through the photo albums today and find some good baby pictures of Daughter for a super-secret project.  I'd say more, but someone would definitely kill me. 

What's new in your life?  What do you think I should do now that I'm waiting for readers to give me their opinions - write something new, re-re-re-edit something old, or finish a project I've never quite finished?

1 comment:

  1. B.E., if you're looking for helpful, constructive critiquing, you should check out Litiopia Writer's Colony. The feedback I've received from writers on the site has been invaluable. Congratulations on finishing your M.S., and best of luck on publishing it.

    ReplyDelete