Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sunday Update - Week 41

Man, this week flew by and looking back, I don't feel like I have a whole lot to show for it.  Then I looked to my right and saw the notebook with my edit notes for Wrongful Termination sitting there all shiny and bleeding red. 

So, yeah, I finished the edit notes for WT and they're ready to input. 

I also finished the proofing stage of WIOH, and have begun working on the submission materials for that.  (Yes, I went through and got rid of a lot of the ellipsis... ellipses? Okay, so I'm a closet ellipsis junkie. So shoot me.)

I took Friday off as a reading day to begin catching up.  According to Goodreads, I was 9 books behind.  Now after reading 3 books, I'm only 7 behind.  (Go figger.)  Then I got sick of reading other people's books and started re-reading a dystopian I never finished editing - and making edit notes on that sucker.  Later in the day yesterday, I saw something on FB about Mickey Spillane's military career, which led to talking about Spillane with hubs, which led to me grabbing a Mickey Spillane I hadn't read yet off my bookshelves.  I'm halfway through that as of last night.

Yesterday I had planned to finish getting those submission materials ready so I can submit tomorrow, but I procrastinated.  What is it about submission materials that makes me want to drag my feet and find something else to do??  Ugh.  I mean, they're already done.  I just have to tweak them to make them fit a particular set of guidelines.  But it's like eating Brussels sprouts.  I know they're good for but damned if I can make myself sit down to eat them.  Well, if I want my manuscripts to grow up to be pushed novels, I damn well better sit my ass down and eat my veggies on this.  So, that's what I'll be doing today.  Damn it. 

In the garden, all my mums are finally blooming.  Huge bushes of hundreds of purple, maroon, and white blooms.  And one light purple that used to be white.  (Sometimes mums do that, I guess.)  I'll get pictures once it stops raining.

In pet news, Max is nearly back to his old self again - minus the angry red gums.  Unfortunately, he's also minus eating a whole lot in one sitting so I'm feeding him like every couple hours, and of course, he doesn't want to eat food that was opened a couple hours before (even if I refrigerate and reheat it), so we're going through a lot of cans and throwing out a lot of leftovers.  I told him cats in China are starving, but he doesn't care anymore than I cared about starving kids in Asia when I didn't want to eat liver.  His reaction resembles a cat pantomime of 'they're starving, send them this crap'.

Also, whatever stomach bug Hubs got is over, too.  We're back to almost totally normal here again.  (Well, as normal as we ever were.) 

So, how are things in your world? 

4 comments:

  1. Glad Max and your DH are feeling better. Sounds like you had a productive week. Now get to work on those sub materials!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How the hell did I catch Hubs's bug? Oh, yeah...Sprout had it. I was flat on my back in bed Friday night and all day yesterday. Feeling mostly normal today though the thought of food is just...no.

    That means I'm behind on final edits, formatting ARCs, and formatting for uploads so BLUE MOON can go live. Good news, Sprout seems all better and will be at daycare tomorrow with any luck at all! That means I can work straight through.

    And...you know...sometimes...ellipses have their...place. Just not...all the time... *ducks and runs* *yells over shoulder* I STILL LOVE WIOH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, it's still Sunday, isn't it? Oops.

    Hey, you got a lot done! Making notes for edits is hard work.

    Yay to Max and your hubs feeling better!

    I adore ellipses. I try not to over use them in my fiction, but I get to use them all the time in my nonfiction -- every time I cut out words inside a quote. Which I do, frequently. So much immaterial material in Victorian fashion magazines. :-)

    I finally stopped adding new material, and starting creating a final document with the illustrations. Two docs, unfortunately, since Kindle needs a different layout than I use in Createspace. There's a rumor that I can have a 400M file, so I might get all ten years in. Yay! Unfortunately, the Createspace site also says the max is 50 or 100M, so who know what's right. I'll find out when I try to upload the file. At 3.5 years, I'm already at 60M. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad hubby and Max are better.

    Sorry it's taken me so long to get to your blog, but I'm still battling this cold.

    ReplyDelete