Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Bummed Playlist

Well, I did the Happy Playlist yesterday, so it's only fair I do the Bummed Playlist today.  This one is for when I'm in a bad mood and I want the music to match the mood.  (Wallowing in my own misery, really.)

And yes, there are some songs that are on both - because depending on the mood I'm already in, they can make me smile or they can call out to the bummed place within me.

Whatever - Hot Chelle Rae
Shimmer - Fuel
Call and Answer - Barenaked Ladies
Circle - Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians
Carrion - Fiona Apple
Mad Season - Matchbox Twenty
Everything to Everyone - Everclear
Elvis - Sister Hazel
Anna Begins - Counting Crows
Love Ridden - Fiona Apple
Honestly - Hot Chelle Rae
Bent - Matchbox Twenty
My Immortal - Evanescence
Sullen Girl - Fiona Apple
Walking After You - Foo Fighters
Bittersweet - Fuel
These Hard Times - Matchbox Twenty
A Mistake - Fiona Apple
Hanging by a Moment - Lifehouse
Misunderstood - Better Than Ezra
Funhouse - Pink
The Child is Gone - Fiona Apple
Her Diamonds - Rob Thomas
Hemorrhage (in my Hands) - Fuel
Your Winter - Sister Hazel
Bright Lights - Matchbox Twenty
Paper Bag - Fiona Apple
Can't Let You Go - Matchbox Twenty

You'll notice this one is way shorter than the last.  I haven't really finished this one, because I know I have other songs that bring me to that Bummed place, but I'm not really jazzed to fill this playlist out.  I'd rather by Happy.

What songs bring you down?  Personally, I had to get rid of my Taylor Swift CD because I wept through it every single time.  Something about her songs make me cry.  There's being bummed out and there's open weeping, and open weeping is not encouraged when you're driving.  ;o)

3 comments:

  1. Ooh. Good list. A few on mine:

    Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen (actually ANYTHING sung by Leonard Cohen - LOL)
    Rewind - Diane Burch
    Summertime Sadness - Lana Del Rey
    Hurt - Nine Inch Nails
    Nothing Ever Was - Tom Langford

    And now I'm all bummed out. ;) Hey, next time, do a list of the songs that "fire you up." :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really have a bummed playlist but I do have songs I listen to when I need to channel some strong angsty feelings for writing. My Immortal is one I listen to on repeat. Colder Weather by the Zac Brown Band. Adele. Loreena McKennitt. Patty Griffin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to pass along Beck's Morning Phase; I like Beck but oy, that album is ultrablue.

    Have to agree with Karyn on My Immortal; I listen to that song whenever I need to write a desperation or death scene.

    ReplyDelete