Saturday, December 14, 2013

Thoroughly Unmotivated

Looks like I've been a naughty puppy lately.  But don't feel bad, blog readers, it's not just here at The Spectacle.  I haven't really been getting much of anything else done either. 

I don't even have any good excuses. 

I'm not writing.  I'm not editing.  The malaise seems to have struck me early this winter (hell, it's not even winter yet, so what's that say). 

I could sit here and whine about how I hate my book or how much I feel like I suck at being a writer right now, but no one wants to see that - including myself.  Blahdy blah blah blah.  Bleh. 

And that's where I'm at - bleh.  I'm thoroughly unmotivated right now.  The only post I've managed to write was that ranty one yesterday that accidentally got published that I'm not even sure I want to see the light of day.  (If you saw it for the brief time it was out there, I apologize.  It wasn't ready for prime time.)

Anyway, now's the time to talk amongst yourselves.  You'll still see me at Killer Chicks because I'm committed to holding up my end of the blog there.  I don't know how much you'll see me here or at The Guide or at A Pound of B.S. until after the new year, when I might just be able to pull my head out of my orifice.

4 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with taking a break through the holidays. I mean, hell, Christmas is 11 days away. I haven't done a damn thing to get ready beyond switching the front door wreath from T-giving to Christmas. I can't get motivated for much of anything--including reading. I just want to crawl under the covers and vegetate. Maybe after the first of the year. Until then, I've given myself permission to be pathetic. Guilt-free apathy. (Yes, I know. Two different words but both are apropos.) Hang in there. See you on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've hit my mood exactly, B.B. I can't get motivated to do anything, not even things I want to do. I wrapped presents -- because I wanted my table back -- but haven't put up a tree.

    Apathy fits, but I'm still working on the guilt-free part. Bleh.

    I agree with Silver: Hang in there. We'll get through it eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep - what you said! Would love to be a bear - they are excused from crawling into a cave at the first sign of winter and not returning to civilization until spring!! Let's hope we ALL get our mojo back soon!!

    ReplyDelete