1) Waking up and not being able to make coffee - either because the machine died, or you forgot to buy grounds, or because there's a power outage. Who needs a zombie apocalypse outside, because there's about to be one in the house.
2) Facing NaNoWriMo after being totally stuck for a month. You think facing Dracula is bad? He only drains your blood. This might just drain your will to live.
5) Forgetting to put the garbage out to the road on garbage day. Or in my case, thinking we forgot just as I heard the truck pulling up the hill toward our house. Talk about running through the house like Michael Myers was chasing me.
6) Waking up feeling like some kind of insect just crawled across your face, so you jump out of bed and flip on the light. But you can't find it to kill it. Try going back to sleep then.
7) Your kid just moves into a new place - complete with the Holy Grail of wifi - but then you don't see her online for days so you FB message her just in case she's online when you're not looking. She doesn't reply. You email her to no avail. You try to call her, but she doesn't answer her phone. And because you're a writer, and a true-crime show junkie, you start imagining all the things her new roommates might've done to her...*
8) A new book comes out that you've been waiting forever for, but you don't have any money in your book budget.
9) It's Halloween and you ate all the candy meant for trick-or-treaters.
10) Praying Mantises - because they just creep me out, man.
12) Typing up a list and realizing you forgot #3**.
13) You write what you think is a really funny blog post and no one comments. ;o)
Happy Halloween, Everyone! May none of the really very super scary things happen to you any time soon.
*The Kid had been hanging out at a friend's house where she wasn't online at all and forgot to take her cell phone with her. She had a great time and I had several panic attacks.
** Made ya look.
(Most of the above totally hasn't happened to me recently. And no worries... the coffee is coursing through my veins even as I type this. Because a B.E. without coffee is a truly frightening experience.)
#7 is probably the scariest of all. I know all about those panic attacks.ReplyDelete
You might want to get that friend's phone number for the next time.
Yeah, that's a scary one, Maria. And I did have a way to contact her friends, but I didn't want to be 'that mom'. I mean, she's a level-headed adult. If I hadn't heard from her for another day, though, I was definitely going to be 'that mom' and she was cool with that.Delete
Ha ha! You absolutely did. I looked :) Very funny list. And #6. I hate when that happens!ReplyDelete
LOL, Karyn. Just trying to insert a bit of fun. Thanks for enjoying my list. And yeah, just thinking about #6 makes me shudder.Delete
LMAO! That was great. Numbers 6 and 9 are my favorites. This year I simply didn't buy any candy (we're going to hide out at my in-laws house while THEY give out candy). =)ReplyDelete
Thanks, Nat! 9 is definitely scary... one year I had to go buy more on Halloween because I ate what I'd already bought. Good for you not buying candy this year. I wish I had that willpower - and I knew we wouldn't get any kids stopping by.Delete
LOL! I looked, too. :-DReplyDelete
LOL, gotcha Deb. ;o)Delete
ROFL. I didn't look but man, I got the willies over #6. I hate when that happens! We have daddy long legs and they get in the house like crazy...and always find their way to the be3droom. The cat will hunt everything but them. Creepiest feeling ever to have on of those suckers walk across my face!ReplyDelete
Happy Halloween! I have one bag of candy with 95 pieces in it. Once it's gone, lights out, and we're ignoring the doorbell! I keep hoping for cold and rain. Yeah, yeah. I know. I'm evil. *bwahaha*
Sorry for giving you the willies, Silver. That one kind of squeebed me out, too. This place has all sorts of bugs, but lucky for us, the daddy longlegs stay outside. It's the other spiders I wonder about.Delete
Happy Halloween to you, too. It was cold and rainy here, so I hope your weather was the same. And that you have at least a few pieces of candy left for yourself. ;o)
Yep, made me look.ReplyDelete
Would you believe I think my coffee maker is going bad? I made coffee this morning and went for my second cup and the coffee was only luke warm. My burner wasn't hot. Not looking good... At least my microwave works!
And as for #6: I stayed at a hotel and kept feeling something crawling on me. Now, I tend to over react A LOT and always imagine stuff crawling on me, so I tried to ignore it. When I got up in the morning, I discovered the bed was crawling with ants! I think I washed my hair three times that morning!!
Oh no, Stacy. The horror. I hope you got a chance to snag a new maker today. Otherwise, thank goodness for the microwave. People should not be exposed to us with a good coffee barrier. ;o)Delete
:shudder: Thank goodness it wasn't bedbugs, but waking up covered in ants is creepy enough.
Sorry for scaring you. Didn't mean to. Won't do it again.ReplyDelete
No worries. It's more my hyper-sensitive, 'my baby is too far away for me to help', "I can't control everything', mom paranoia than it was you.Delete